2nd Successful price reduction in a month

traderneal

Sailing on the Valor on 8/22/15 out of Port Canaveral and I successfully received my second price reduction match in little over a month. Originally paid $869 base price (Balcony), today it was matched down to $809. $240 saved for the four of us, for two quick price completion forms.

It pays to watch the price like a hawk.

I will say, I am impressed in the time it takes Carnival to approve the rate reduction. In both cases it was done in about 15 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the first time we have booked early saver and I must say that I am confused. I sent a form in Friday and Sunday for a deal of the day which would have been the same price but 100 OBC. I did receive a computer generated response saying 48 to 72 hours then nothing. Nothing at all. Next time , I will call. There may be some confusion because I just switched the booking to my TA for a nice 225 OBC on the same day. But my TA tells me that I can do my own guarantee form submissions. Anyone have any experience with using a TA but doing their own forms.

So we have to contact our TA for the forms?

Yes, Carnival isn't suppose to even speak with you about anything if you use a TA, and check before you have them fill out the form and make sure it won't change your OBC. Most agents use some their commission to give you OBC, the amount offered could change. Make sure it's worth it before you ask for the drop.

We will be on the Valor 10/31 and have yet to benefit from a price drop. I check it daily, but the prices are still sitting steady. We have an interior now, but will book a balcony if it drops enough. Right now they are sitting at 689 for our date.

I am in a 4j for my sept cruise. I won't any more price drops unless another of the same room type opens up. We are looking for some sort of big sale to come along so we can move to a balcony :) I managed to get $50 OBC added during a sale a while back. Current sale would bring us $20 lower for the whole room, but I can't put in for it as there are no 4j's to compare. :)