Q/A thread?

perferd

For this price range, more likely a 4-night on Dream in a Deluxe Family OV which can sleep 5, for sail dates outside of US Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Great thanks...good info...

but for me I would need that to be closer to $1-$2k

Out of Port Canaveral, Freedom of the Seas has non-suite cabin that sleeps 5.

For Disney Magic or Wonder, cabins that sleep 5 are category 4's Deluxe Family Verandah which will be $$$. They don't have OV that sleeps 5. Alternative is to get two Inside's or Oceanview's.

True, Wonder/Magic inside and oceanview cabins only sleep 4. BUT depending on the dates, etc. sometimes it is the same price to get 2 cabins as to get one cabin that will sleep 5. Sometimes 2 cabins for 2 are the same price as one cabin for 4. I know--sounds crazy, but I've seen it happen multiple times.

DO NOT book a land/sea package thru DCL. There are no longer any set packages. You would tell DCL what you wanted (how many days, what hotel, etc.) and they would book it for you at Rack Rate! If you book the land and sea portions separately, you can take advantage of any specials that might be available on each portion...for instance, free dining at WDW or whatever.

Every part of a land/sea booked thru DCL can be booked separately. The only key thing to remember is that if you are using transfers to get to the ship, they are part of the cruise reservation (although with 5 people, I can name 2 cheaper ways to get to the port!)

How it works....book a WDW vacation using whatever specials are available for your dates. Be sure to give them your Magical Express information. Get to MCO, do not stop at baggage check if you put Magical Express tags on your luggage. Go to Welcome Center and you will be directed to a bus which will take you to your hotel. Your luggage will arrive about 3 hours later. You can check in at the hotel and enjoy the rest of your day.

On the day you go to the ship, IF using DCL transfers, you'll get a letter in your room the day before. Have the cruise tags on your checked bags and they will be taken from inside your room about 8 am. You do not need to be there. Just have any carry ons separate from the checked bags that are by the door. You'll be told exactly where and when to be to check in for the DCL bus and will get to the port about 1:30 pm.

It is cheaper to get a car or a towncar/limo service to take you to the port if there are 5 of you! DCL transfers are $35 per person each way. And if you go private, you can go on your time schedule. However, DCL transfers are the least trouble!

I might be able to work in a 3-4 day cruise at like $1-$1.5k and a day at the parks...that would be a nice compromise...

Wow, that budget will never get you on any cruise ship except maybe a very old Carnival ship. You have to take into account the cruise cost, port fees and taxes and add tips which are usually are around $12 per day per person.

I don't think you will be able to any find any ship even for a 3 day cruise regardless of the time of year that will fit a $1500 budget for 5 people.

Maybe you will get lucky and prove me wrong, cruising is fun so good luck with you search!

I might be able to work in a 3-4 day cruise at like $1-$1.5k and a day at the parks...that would be a nice compromise...

Hmmm....you need to look at how park pricing works. The more days you book, the lower the "per day" price. In order to get most package deals, you have to book at least 3 nights. Prices drop significantly after the first 4 days. Good luck. I hope you can find a cruise that works with your budget.

That price given is Just for the cruise cost and Nothing else. I also have to take into consideration driving or flying cost, spending money, excursions, tips, alcohol, and whatever else. On top of that I would still be doing a day or so at the parks so I have that cost and hotel/rental cost, groceries, and whatever else...

It was just a thought instead of Only either parks or cruise and nothing else. I am trying to make the cruise work out in any way I can cause I know parts of my family and friends want to cruise.

For me though I just want the parks cause the price I can Easily make it near half the price of a cruise and get more fun out of it...My kids won't know the diff as they are young...

If I had to put a number on it I don't want to be more then $4k for Everything...Thats like $115 per day per person and 3 of them will be 7 and under...

Thanks everyone...hopefully I will find out soon with the itineraries coming out...

If I had to put a number on it I don't want to be more then $4k for Everything...Thats like $115 per day per person and 3 of them will be 7 and under...

If you are willing to cruise other lines, and is flexible for other departure ports in Florida, you can take a look at Norwegian newest ships - Getaway and Escape. I personally haven't cruised NCL but do have plan for next year. They currently have kids sail free deal for certain sailings (somehow I thought the sale ended on 2/28 but looks like it is still available). For November 2015, NCL Getaway has a 6-night sailing out of Miami going to Western Caribbean on November 16, 2015. This ship has Family Oceanview staterooms that can sleep 5 people (hence, the 3rd, 4th and 5th person are all free, only need to pay tax/fee). Total per NCL.com is $2,180 USD (some TA offer lower fare and/or other incentives). NCL offers 0.90 exchange rate right now, so equivalent to $2,422 CAD. Cruise alone is equivalent to $81 CAD per diem.

There are other 7-night sailings in Nov/Dec2015 for NCL Getaway and Escape that qualify for kids-sail-free too, but looks like all those Family Oceanview are sold out. Nov/Dec2016 7-night sailings do have a lot of spaces for this cabin category. Right now an OV booking also includes either $50 USD OBC, prepaid gratuities for 1st and 2nd passenger, dining package or beverage package.

I don't know which part of Ontario you live in, but from the Greater Toronto Area, we had flown out of Toronto Pearson (YYZ), market rate for non-stop will be in the neighbourhood of $500-$600 CAD per person for Westjet or Air Canada (to either MCO, FLL, MIA or even TPA); sometimes less popular flight time in the $350-$450 range, or you can find a better deal on Air Transat or Sunwing. We had also driven to Detroit (DTW) and Cleveland (CLE), parked car there and flown to Florida. Airfare for off season non-stop to MCO/FLL/MIA/TPA can be as low as $170-$250 +/- CAD per person - JetBlue, Spirit, Frontier, United, Delta ... there are many options.

Adding insurance, gratuities, hotel, taxi/shuttle/car rental, gasoline, parking, entertainment, purchase, etc. and you can do the math to see if it can be done within your $115 threshold.

Edited by Friend100

Do remember that there are a lot more "add on" costs on Norwegian than on DCL. OK' date=' you could do EVERY add on they have and not equal the cost of a DCL cruise, but Norwegian is infamous for having lots of "extras" that you may want.[/quote']

That's right, their current promo of ultimate dining package helps a bit. :o

Such GREAT info guys thanks...

As for using another line that might be too much of a compromise for the wife family friends and kids. It was pretty much Disney/Disney Cruise or bust...

If we open it up we might as well hit mexico for 1/4 the price lol...

The suggestions are Great though thank you!

Edited by perferd

Well the 3rd went by with nothing lol...

Yeah, we got the official announcement of the new policies. I did get a postcard that said the new dates were coming soon. Big deal. Why waste the postage? Take 50 cents off the cost of each cruise!