Costa Pacifica vs Msc Splendida for Norwegian Fjords

ahzach

Hello! I am between booking the 11 day cruise of Costa Pacifica to the Norwegian Fjords departing on the 16th of August 2015 and booking the 11 day cruise of Msc Splendida to the Norwegian Fjords departing on the 12th of August 2015. The itenary is very similar. I was wondering which is the best ship of the two. I would prefer to go with Costa as they are owned by Carnival and therefor they may offer a more American experience but the Msc Splendida seems a bigger and nicer ship. Prices are identical. How do these two ships compare in terms of public ares, food, service, entertainment, etc? I would prefer if they offered open seating dining and I know Costa does not. I will either book a Suite on Costa or an Aurea Suite on Msc. We are a group consisting of two people. I have sailed with NCL twice before, once on the Norwegian Jade and once on the Norwegian Star. How does Costa and Msc compare to NCL?

Thank you!!!

We sailed on the Divina last year and will be on the Splendida in the Yacht Club in a few weeks. The ships are virtually identical. We also sailed six times as suite guests on NCL. The Divina was our best cruise experience. I would recommend the Yacht Club instead of the Aurea Suite on MSC. For just a few dollars more, you get a dedicated members only restaurant, free drinks and many other amenities. We enjoyed the multi country experience on the Divina. Announcements are in five languages, and everyone we met on the ship was conversant in English. The MSC experience is fairly close to the NCL experience. Far fewer restaurant choices on MSC, but Le Muse the Yacht Club restaurant was excellent. Entertainment was great, and the crystal staircase in the main atrium was spectacular. We have never sailed Costa, but in reading reviews for are upcoming European cruise this month, it appears that MSC is a bit more upscale than Costa. If you want a NCL like ship

experience with an Italian flair, I would recommend MSC.

Thanks for your reply mistertoaster! I would love to book a Yacht Club suite but unfortunately they are all sold out for that cruise.:(:(:( I think I'm going to wait a little, just in case a cancellation occurs.

I've not sailed either the Pacifica or Dplendida but have sailed on their sisters the Favolosa and Fantasia.

Hands down the MSC ship is more attractive (unless you are a fan of garish colours and designs). The MSC ship has a more open feel to it with a more easier flow to move around and the decor is very elegant.

Costa and MSC are both similar and very Italian but you are right with Cista being owned by Carnival it has some little things to suit Americans but really not that much. Neither line would be good if you are looking for an Amerucan experience.

Both cruises are likely to have a lot of Germans and Scandinavians onboard, so Americans will be in a minority. Most Scandinavians speak excellent English.

I think the shows on MSC are better and if you like an evening buffet That is an option on 'school but very limited on Costa. MSC also do MDR breakfast, Costa's is still a buffet in MDR.

Food and menus are quite similar. Both Italian themed with 6 courses at dinner. Both have a reasonably priced all inclusive drinks packages. MDC allows bottles of water (big or small) Costa just serves by the glass.

The Splendida is bigger and newer than the Pacifica but you may wish to consider that smaller might be better for the Fjords.

As you know MDC have YC. Costa have Samsara which I really enjoyed. Gives unlimited spa access , some treatments and access to the better Samsara restaurant. cabins also have a few better amenities. The thermal areas on the Voncordia class are miles better than anything MDC has.

I've no experience of sailing NCL but do know that nether MSC or Costa do freestyle dining (unless you book Aurea on MSC)

Hello! I am between booking the 11 day cruise of Costa Pacifica to the Norwegian Fjords departing on the 16th of August 2015 and booking the 11 day cruise of Msc Splendida to the Norwegian Fjords departing on the 12th of August 2015. The itenary is very similar. I was wondering which is the best ship of the two. I would prefer to go with Costa as they are owned by Carnival and therefor they may offer a more American experience but the Msc Splendida seems a bigger and nicer ship. Prices are identical. How do these two ships compare in terms of public ares, food, service, entertainment, etc? I would prefer if they offered open seating dining and I know Costa does not. I will either book a Suite on Costa or an Aurea Suite on Msc. We are a group consisting of two people. I have sailed with NCL twice before, once on the Norwegian Jade and once on the Norwegian Star. How does Costa and Msc compare to NCL?

Thank you!!!

MSC and Costa are way better than NCL. I would probably choose MSc over Costa now if price and ports are same.