Need your opinions please

manitoba girl

Hi everyone,

We have never been on a princess cruise before and are really considering doing one early next year.

Could you offer any advice on a ship or an itinerary, for myself my DH and two sons 9 and 15.The boys have never been on a cruise before and are really looking for some fun things to do.

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated,

Thanks in advance

MB girl

It would be helpful to know what kind of experience you’re looking for – the choice of ship and itinerary at Princess is eclectic and so suggesting a proper ship and itinerary depends on what you want from a cruise vacation.

Caribbean itinerary is usually good ... and generally reasonably-priced for a family. One of the larger ships ... like maybe the Caribbean Princess ... would have a lot for the kids.

Alaska is another option, though a bit more expensive. Alaska wouldn't be offered in the winter months, though ... you'd have to wait until summer for that one.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hi everyone,

We have never been on a princess cruise before and are really considering doing one early next year.

Could you offer any advice on a ship or an itinerary, for myself my DH and two sons 9 and 15.The boys have never been on a cruise before and are really looking for some fun things to do.

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated,

Thanks in advance

MB girl

Our first cruise was set up at a travel agent's recommendation, and was the Western Caribbean sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. Great cruise, and we've repeated this 3x.

• Princess Cays - good relaxing private beach with lots of fun stuff to do - is like a big party
  • On-board - on deck Caribbean music sets the mood for fun
  • Visits good ports all the way to Mexico (Cozumel).
  • Good mix of historical and just plain fun ports.

I would recommend you look at the online port information that will give a sampling of in port activities - and match your interests.

Just got off the Caribbean Princess.

My 16y daughter didn't like the teen center as much as we had hoped and spent half her time around the large outdoor screen which is amazing.I wrote a review but it hasn't posted.

We're going back to RCCL. No more Princess for us.

When travelling with our kids I prefer cruises that start (and end) in San Juan. You are deeper in the Carribean, the water is calmer, and you generally visit a different port every day. Since our kids were not much for the onboard clubs, these cruises gave you the opportunity to go to a different beach every day, many of which provided snorkeling or parasailing opportunities.

Archived