Adventure Ocean- Child changing age group.

Madshadow

So, my family is hoping on going on a cruise with my cousins sometime next year. My younger sister and cousin are 11 and 12. I think they will be able to get into the 12-14 age group with me. But then my other sister also wants to go into that group. She is about 9 years old. I keep telling my parents that it would not be fun for her, because there will be no one close to her age. Is there anyway to convince her to go into her own age group? And are they really strict with ages?

Oh, btw, The nine year old has been on a Royal Caribbean cruise last year, and said she had a lot of fun in her age group because she met friends. So i dont see why she wants to go into an older group (which is more free scheduled)

I have heard though I don't know first hand since we have yet to cruise with Royal Caribbean that they will not even allow the 11 year old to be in the teen group. They are very strict about this sort of thing and rightly so. As a mother of a pre-teen, I would not want my 11 year old to be hanging out with almost 15 year olds! They will however allow the 12 year old to join the younger group.

It sounds like you just don't want the younger kid hanging around!;)

Seriously, though, they are strict with the ages. They plan ahead of time for the number of kids in each age group based on the manifest.

It's possible that, after enrollment, your 11-year-old cousin may be able to move up, but it depends on the number of kids in each group and her behavior as well as the inclination of the Adventure Ocean staff.

Have a great cruise! It'll be fun no matter what happens.

Barb

The general process is that for close ages they will agree to monitor the child for a day in the correct age group. They will then consider allowing the child to move up, HOWEVER, as the ages get older groups they are much less likely to allow move up. While they may allow the 11 year old to move up after the day of evaluation she should be prepared to be disappointed. Certainly it seems assured the 9 year old will not be allowed to move up.

Believe me, they will have a great time in their own age groups and you will have plenty of time to be together outside Adventure Ocean.

Archived