Getaway dinning question

amberxob

Yes the menus change daily. There are some dishes that are on the menu every night but about half of them change.

Unfortunately yes, nowadays one can make reservations to MDRs but it is definitely not necessary as per Freestyle concept.

On Breakaway class ships there are three MDRs, one in aft and two midship right next to each other - on all NCL ships the aft MDR is the dressier one and midship one(s) have more relaxed dress code. On Getaway the aft MDR is called Tropicana Room (if I remember correctly), and midship MDRs are Taste and Savor.

No set times or tables, NCL's Freestyle Cruising means that all dining is like in restaurants on land - you arrive when ever and if there are no available tables, you'll get a beeper and can wait for a table in a bar. If ypu want, you can share a table with others/strangers by requesting it, but others need to have asked for it too.

I think that reading NCL's Dining Guide and FAQs would help you a lot:

http://www.ncl.com/diningguide

http://www.ncl.com/faq

So, In the two casual dining rooms, it's really OK for men to wear nice shorts to dinner?

Yes. My husband did this every night on the Getaway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

So, In the two casual dining rooms, it's really OK for men to wear nice shorts to dinner?

Yes. It's okay everywhere except Le Bistro and Tropicana Room, so he can even wear shorts in the other specialty restaurants. Plenty of people do.