Panama Canal Odyssey March 2016

OctoberKat

Have this cruise wish listed. Would appreciate hearing from those who have done this voyage from LA to Ft. Launderdale. Considering penthouse suite.

We have one Regent cruise under our belt with voyages booked on Silversea (Amazon) in November and with Seabourn in June 2016 (Nowegian Fjords).

Have this cruise wish listed. Would appreciate hearing from those who have done this voyage from LA to Ft. Launderdale. Considering penthouse suite.

We have one Regent cruise under our belt with voyages booked on Silversea (Amazon) in November and with Seabourn in June 2016 (Nowegian Fjords).

Have done this cruise four times and always from Ft Lauderdale to LA on Seabourn and six times with other lines.

The transit is a must if you have never done it and they are building new locks to accommodate larger ships.

Thank you, Mr. Lux. Do I understand correctly that the ship docks/tenders at both Fuerte Amador and Colon (Pacific and Atlantic sides)? I was born in Panama and raised in the Former Canal Zone and want to see old haunts.

Have done this cruise four times and always from Ft Lauderdale to LA on Seabourn and six times with other lines.

The transit is a must if you have never done it and they are building new locks to accommodate larger ships.

We are doing this over Christmas and New Years this year and looking forward to it. The canal is something I have longed to see, especially since I have read a lot about the history of the canal and am a big history buff. Plus the engineering effort is what holds the true attraction to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you, Mr. Lux. Do I understand correctly that the ship docks/tenders at both Fuerte Amador and Colon (Pacific and Atlantic sides)? I was born in Panama and raised in the Former Canal Zone and want to see old haunts.

Only stops on the Pacific side -- Fuerte Amador..