Conquest 9201, scenic grand ocean view

campdaan

This is a picture thread specific to Cabin 9201, on the Carnival Conquest.

The cabin is a category 6K, Scenic Grand Ocean View, of which there are 2 of these rooms.

These are also on the Valor, Glory and Freedom.

Cabin 9201 6K 320 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window– floor-to-ceiling, forward view

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, minibar, 3-closets, sofa, chair and coffee table

Non-smoking

On to the pictures...

IMG_4888_zpskakxh1ir.jpg

The cabin is the "angled" section, above the bridge.

The catwalk outside is for maintainence only.

IMG_4912_zpse1svgzvx.jpg

This is from outside, Deck 10, Looking down on the room.

IMG_5093_zps220ppalh.jpg

Continuing...

IMG_4846_zpsrz62m5g1.jpg

I did not take any pictures of the bathroom, as it is the standard Carnival layout, toilet, sink, shower.

I did not stay in this particular room, but I have stayed in 9201 on the Valor and posted a similiar thread.

Here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017369

I have cabin 9201 booked on the Glory for March, 2016.

Edited by campdaan

Thank you for posting your wonderful pictures. My husband and I will be enjoying this room at the end of May. So excited! :D Thanks again!

Your Welcome !

Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary !

Thanks so much for posting these photos...this is my room on the Conquest sailing on May 2, 2015, WOW!!!

This room definately has the "Wow-Factor"

Plus, it's on Lido deck, so it's just a short walk to the atrium elevators and out to the Lido deck.

Edited by campdaan

Whoever has this cabin booked for the April 26th sailing please move to another....I NEED this cabin! :):):):)

If you can manage to get on the ship early, or debark late, it's worth seeing if this room is propped open.

Just walking into it's magnificence convinced me to try and book it for next year.

I had to walk the guy from the future cruise desk on the process of booking this room, and had to do the same to a travel agent 2 years ago.

Even if you are unsure, it's worth depositing.

Good luck !

Edited by campdaan

We just have the standard scenic OV booked on the Glory but I'd LOVE for the upgrade fairy to call and make me a spectacular offer on the 6K;) I hope it's a beautiful as it looks and you guys enjoy it!

I'm guessing that those rooms are off the upgrade fairy's radar.

It would definitely be worth your while to make a call to see if it's available.

The cost is only slightly more than the standard SOV.

Less than a Balcony.

We had 9201 on the Glory, exactly like this one. We loved it! I spent a lot of time on that chaise lounge. In fact, we spent more time in our cabin than ever before--way more than we ever spend in a balcony cabin. I only wish the Dream class and Vista had similar cabins...

Friends of mine have this room booked for our October trip. I know there are some stipulations regarding lights in the cabin at night and having the blinds open. The light can interfere with the navigation. I'll be happy to check it out and then go back to my much cheaper walkway view inside!

The only stipulation with the lights is that the blinds have to be down at night if you have the cabin lights on. As far as I know, that same rule applies to the 4Js. We raised the blinds a few times at night once we turned everything off. The view is gorgeous at night with the moon shining on the ocean!!

I booked this room for our Oct cruise on the Valor.

I was wondering if there was any chance to get a price drop with ES

let's say the price of a balcony drops below your GSOV.

I know the rules of ES but it seems like a lot of people get price drips even if there is no matching rooms or it's a guarantee.

just wondering

Edited by Bases5

I booked this room for our Oct cruise on the Valor.

I was wondering if there was any chance to get a price drop with ES

let's say the price of a balcony drops below your GSOV.

I know the rules of ES but it seems like a lot of people get price drips even if there is no matching rooms or it's a guarantee.

just wondering

I think the only way with ES is if someone cancels. Last year I caught a nice drop of almost $600 when I noticed the regular scenic was still open and was lower than the grand I had booked. I was booked past guest and was therefore able to downgrade to the open 6J then moved right back to the 6k. I was lucky that the cards fell right and I was able to pull that off.

I've actually never seen them cheaper than a balcony. They usually sell out before the prices of balconies drop that much.

I think the only way with ES is if someone cancels. Last year I caught a nice drop of almost $600 when I noticed the regular scenic was still open and was lower than the grand I had booked. I was booked past guest and was therefore able to downgrade to the open 6J then moved right back to the 6k. I was lucky that the cards fell right and I was able to pull that off.

I've actually never seen them cheaper than a balcony. They usually sell out before the prices of balconies drop that much.

The reason I ask is I booked the GSOV for $679 and balcony's are down to $709. I was wondering if the balcony's keep dropping ( which is possible for OCT) could I get a price drop.

Someone said you could and I was not sure how.

I want this room and I'm very happy with the price. but like anyone if you can save a buck

You know I don't think I booked ES for this room

Edited by Bases5