Spa room vs regular room question

Looking for a little help here. This will be my 10th carnival cruise. I have never booked a Spa room. Besides the obvious (close to spa, priority reservations) are there any other pluses or minuses to a Spa room vs regular room?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt & Aubry

Only if the ship had a

Cloud 9 spa will you have any difference. There will be sample spa toiletries, slippers and nicer robes, a different color scheme in the cabins. Your pool towels will be like serenity colors instead of blue. You should also get a discount on spa services. It was like 20% off your first, 30% off second and 40% off 3rd last time I had a spa cabin. Ymmv.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My family was in Spa balconies 12203 and 12205 on the Dream a year ago.

The room itself is not really different enough to matter (to me). The location made it optimal for us for the following reasons:

- The proximity to the Spa is nice if you like to pop in for hot tea/"spa water" from the "snack room" or for a quick dip in the whirlpool. Also, the showers in the spa are huge and the locker rooms seem empty most of the time- useful if two people want to shower before dinner at the same time (one in room, one in spa).

- The hallway on deck 12 is small (maybe 20 rooms per side) and it doesn't connect through to anything, so it tends to be quiet.

- Proximity to front elevators, door leading right to waterworks area (with young boys we spent most of our cruise here), and also right next to the serenity area

- Balcony's without overhang. If you book a room on 12, you can get sun on your balcony as there isn't anything above you. Note- the serenity deck is 2 decks above you and it is possible for people to see on to your balcony for some rooms.

All around, I was very happy with the room and the location, and was glad I paid the extra $150 or so to upgrade over a standard balcony mid ship, mid deck. I would definitely do it again. If the above things I listed seem like pluses to you, I'd say go for it if it isn't too much of a premium :)

• 1 month later...