Azmara after Royal Caribbean, some questions

ccotting

You are correct...the MDR (main dining room) has open seating in terms of time and tables. You may have to wait a few minutes if, for example, you want a two-top and none are available. Or you may make friends with another couple and are looking for a 4-top, etc. It is the same as in any nice restaurant where you arrive without a reservation.

Speaking of reservations, say you make lots of friends and want to organize a group dinner. You should talk to the Maitre d' in advance to arrange a time & table.

Thank you Bonnie! I hope this is true! We've met some wonderful folks cruising! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I want to add a big "thank you" to all the helpful posters. Being tired of RCL, I have been searching out different cruises and I an going to book a West Indies on Dec 2017.... This now has me searching for 2016....:D

We're heading round the UK back to back in July 2016. I like RCI but they are 'betting the farm' on big ships with big noise to keep us on board. We are destination focused and we are interested in the ports and opportunities for places to see. Azamara has a lot to offer with that.

Thanks everyone for such helpful responses to my original post. We are looking forward to our visit with Azamara in 2016. Meanwhile, in other news, we are on Explorer of the Seas in September. Maybe we'll meet a few of you there!

Fair winds and fair seas!

I am a frozen fruity drink girl: daiquiris and margaritas. Are they included?

Oh yeah!!!:D

When I looked at booking there were a lot of posts with complaints about trying to put in premium mixers and charging extra etc. But we found none of that.

Everything we ordered was delivered with a smile.

A couple of times we didn't like the selected wine at dinner and the waiter happily got us a different one. If you particularly like one served note the name and ask for that again. Everyone was very accommodating.

Afternoon cocktails while playing trivia was wonderful.

Hubby is itching to go on another Azamara cruise. We both loved it.

The smaller ship has many advantages also. In St Petersburg we were docked right in the centre of town. Other ships were a 45 minute bus ride away.

Searching for the next Azamara cruise now!!:D

Edited by sayaguru