Newbie just booked first ever cruise!

Fidgell

Hello all.

We've never even considered a cruise before yet we have just booked our first. Myself and my wife, and our kids 8 and 5, are booked on the Feb 6 2016 Fantasy cruise with Star Wars day at sea.

It took a few days of hard selling to get my wife to agree to this whim purchase - all Disneys fault tempting ME with the Star Wars commercials!

So, we look forward to getting so much useful information from this board over the next 11 months.

Cabin 9660 awaits us in 338 days....

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You made a great choice for your first cruise. The Fantasy is a beautiful ship with great service. Your kids will love it and I bet the wife will like it, too. No doubt you will be spoiled by a DCL cruise!

Be sure to keep an eye out for all the hidden Mickeys.

Congrats!

Welcome to CC. You'll find out a lot of helpful info here. Check out the various forums for additional info.

Seconded. This is truly a great site. There is so much to read about to help the 338 days go by and build up a lot of excitement for your family. I highly recommend reading the thread in the link below started by LittleMissMagic of her photo review of the ship. It is a great review with amazing photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2044057

Edited by surran12
Adding link

Welcome aboard Fidgell. You picked a great cabin and location on the ship. You will be amazed how much room you will have.

Also, another source for you to get details and help to plan your cruise is the Disney Cruise line Blog. Just put that in your search engine and it will take you right to it. You can see the latest Personal Navigators for your cruise and look at all of the dining menus too.

Your family will have a wonderful time on the cruise, but since you are starting your cruising with Disney, it will be hard to transition to other lines. Disney really does have a magical touch that I haven't found on Carnival or Royal Caribbean. Of course I still cruise other lines because they are so much cheaper, but we will always treat ourselves with a Disney Cruise every few years. That's what my family tells me anyway:).

We are booked on the same cruise! It's our 5th Disney cruise in in 5 years if that tells you how hooked we are!

You will have a great time and this is a good place to ask questions.