UBP and "long pours"

hawkeyetlse

The new wine list is on the website here:

Gifts & More: Wine List

Those of us who are used to NCL's stingy pours :p will be interested in the new "long pour": a glass and a half for only $2.75 more. Yes, a flat rate, no matter whether the wine is a North & South house white ($7.25 a glass, $10.00 for a long pour) or the ice wine ($17.50/glass :eek:, $20.25 for a long pour :)).

Anyway, my question for anyone who has cruised since March 1: Are the long pours included in the UBP (as long as they cost less than $11)?

Just off the Epic. Long pours would be included up to the limit ($11.now, was $10 on my cruise). You wouldn't find one for under $11 though with gratuity. If it means that much, just get it and pay the extra $1 or $2.

You wouldn't happen to have a list eh mate?

*Living large one week at a time*

Just off the Epic. Long pours would be included up to the limit ($11.now, was $10 on my cruise). You wouldn't find one for under $11 though with gratuity. If it means that much, just get it and pay the extra $1 or $2.

What "extra $1 or $2"? Isn't the long pour still charged as one drink that is just $2.75 more, meaning that if it goes over the limit, one must pay the drink in full.

You can't pay only for the overage of the drink price if it is over the limit, unlike for example with Premium package on Celebrity.

And still, as the package price already includes gratuity, autogratuity added in the POS doesn't count to the limit, it's the list price that counts.

Edited by Demonyte

You wouldn't happen to have a list eh mate?
You can find the list from the link I posted above. About 15 of the wines by the glass are priced at $11 or less for a long pour, so I'm hoping they are included.

JohnLocke2012, did you actually experience being able to get drinks over $11 with the UBP by paying only the difference over $11? That has not been a possibility in the past AFAIK, but maybe that has also changed since March 1.

I see that soda is included in the drink package. Do you get a plastic mug, like you would if you only purchased the soda package?

I like piña coladas and strawberry daiquiris. Can you ask for those. Don't think I see them in the menus.

Thank you.

Edited by Squirty27