Seasoned Cruisers: Advice needed!

Inshape

Pondering our third RCCL cruise for Jan 2007 (will be on Mariner on Jan 2006). We have done 2 cabins with kids across from from us in an inside while we are in Balcony. We will be trying a balcony with adjoining inside(all the way in the back -but not aft in 2006)... Now I want to know from others who have done these combinations if it pays to do a Junior Suite instead of the other combinations. The plus is that is has more room but you are also sharing it with 2 children, ages 12 and 11 in 2007. The plus is you get the 2 c&a points instead of the 1, but we are still in one cabin.

It works out to be about $85 more to get the JS instead of 2 cabins. We have never sailed in one cabin--hate hotels for that reason--always go to resorts for 2 bedrooms---I think I have my answer! GO for the 2 cabins and forget the extra cruise credit....but still want to hear from the seasoned veterans. Thanks!

With two kids about the same age as yours, I will always prefer to take two smaller cabins, then one nice big cabin. On our last cruise aboard the Mariner, we were able to do a GS connecting to a D1, and that was great! But, even with a GS, I would not have wanted us all in the same room. The little bit of separation is nice, and the second bathroom is worth a lot to us. The only suite I'm willing to try with all of us in it is the Royal Suite on certain ships, since the main door seems to be far enough away from the living room, and there is a separate bedroom and some have a second smaller bathroom.

By the way, we did recently have to put one of the kids in a hotel room (mini-suite) with us, and while not horrible (we also had extended family with us, so the kids weren't in the room a lot), I still missed the "space."

Thanks all for the nice comments. Just writing it all down made me realize that I would rather be in 2 cabins. We always do balcony and inside, and maybe to make it more affordable, maybe we will try oceanview and inside. But to have our own space is divine!

Archived