Upgrade Question

Quench

I will be sailing on the Pearl in May and notice all the OV rooms, which I have are sold out. Will this give me a better chance of upgrading to a balcony at a decent rate?

I don't think it will make any difference - you can call and upgrade to a balcony at any time and pay the difference between what you PAID and what the charge is now for a balcony.

If it is past the final payment, and the cruise is paid in full, it is left to NCL's discretion based on promotions at the time of original booking and current promotions.

In my case, booking the EPIC for inside room for 3 was done in January when the 3rd person was full charge. The current promotion is 1/2 price for the 3rd person. The current price for Balcony for 3 people is around 2300+ . NCL is refusing to give me the upgrade at that price. For the upgrade, they want to charge full fare for the 3rd person making the total 2900+. :confused::rolleyes:

I don't think it will make any difference - you can call and upgrade to a balcony at any time and pay the difference between what you PAID and what the charge is now for a balcony.

Often the OV's and insides are discounted near sail date so while they have you at full bore chances up an grade are slim to none.