All Inclusives - Ocho Rios

tarheelmjfan

I think you would. You have the evidence that this is what they quoted you and based your decision to go their resort on. They would likely honor it and then talk to the sender of the email. You will have a great time there.

I think you would. You have the evidence that this is what they quoted you and based your decision to go their resort on. They would likely honor it and then talk to the sender of the email. You will have a great time there.

I hope you're right! :D I don't want to get anyone in trouble though. The emails I received were both from the Sales Manager. You'd think she would know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I hope you're right! :D I don't want to get anyone in trouble though. The emails I received were both from the Sales Manager. You'd think she would know.

Looks like today you are heading out. Have fun and come back and let us know how you made out. Have a great trip!!

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like today you are heading out. Have fun and come back and let us know how you made out. Have a great trip!!

Unfortunately, we never made it to Couples. We decided to pick up a couple souvies we needed, & bring them back to the ship, before heading to the resort. Sadly, we were so put off by the actions of the locals that we returned to the ship & didn't get back off. I'm sad to say, to us OR just didn't seem like a safe place to be. :( We made the mistake of venturing beyond Island Village, which was a very bad idea. :eek:

Unfortunately, we never made it to Couples. We decided to pick up a couple souvies we needed, & bring them back to the ship, before heading to the resort. Sadly, we were so put off by the actions of the locals that we returned to the ship & didn't get back off. I'm sad to say, to us OR just didn't seem like a safe place to be. :( We made the mistake of venturing beyond Island Village, which was a very bad idea. :eek:

That's too bad, I'm sorry. I just saw your other thread. I hope the rest of your trip was excellent though.

That's too bad, I'm sorry. I just saw your other thread. I hope the rest of your trip was excellent though.

Thanks! It was!!! :) We also went to Grand Cayman, Aruba, & Curacao. It was a nice mix of islands, with our favorite being Aruba. It definitely ranks high among the best places we've visited. It's a beautiful island & the locals are very friendly. We wouldn't hesitate to go to the other 2 either. The one exception would be Jamaica. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone visit either of these all inclusive resorts? I am interested in feedback thanks!

My wife and I went to Couples during our stop at OR in Nov 2005. :) :) We asked for two day passes and were told it would cost $75 per person and would be all inclusive. I told the clerk about reading that the cruise ship rate was $50. She consulted with the manager and was told the cruise ship rate was even lower, $40 per person, all inclusive. :) We stayed the day and enjoyed it very much. It was necessary to have them call for a taxi to return to the ship. No problem with the time as Couples is only about a 10-15 minute taxi ride back to the ship. We plan to return during our next visit to OR. By the way, we agree with Tarheelmjfan about walking away from the dock area. Don't do it. You will be offered every drug under the sun in addition to questioning your safety. :( Absolutely no problem with safety in the resort area.

We were on the 11/26 NOS, and stopped in Ocho Rios. Prior to sailing, I emailed several AI resorts for day passes. In addition to Sandals, we received a quote of $50 adult/$25 child for FDR resort (we had a bunch of children as well as adults), and $60 adult/$30child for Sunset Beach.

We chose Sunset Beach, and had a good time. Good food, drinks, lots of pools, friendly staff, paddle boats and water activities included, etc...

The only issues were 1) the beach was nice, but the water was just o.k - not typical, crystal-clear carribean, and 2) one kid got stung by a jellyfish - they have nets around the swimming area to keep the jellyfish out, but once in a while, one gets through. The resort was very nice and the nurse took care of it.

Archived