Spanish Synagogue

3Kittens

Some difficulty using the Jewish Musuem web site in particular the Spanish Synagogue link. But have noticed there is a Gershwin concert in evening on the day we will be there. Do they hold concerts in this synagogue or would it be in the others? Web site is not clear, and one page is non translatable.:roll eyes: (my luck)

We've been told this synagogue is a must to see, very beautiful. But a concert here in evening would be the blast!

Also, any thoughts on the Jewish museum. We were thinking of bypassing this and doing on the Spanish Synagogue and the cemetery. Or should we take the time and also see the Museum? (not too important to see all, but would like a taste of some aspects)

Some difficulty using the Jewish Musuem web site in particular the Spanish Synagogue link. But have noticed there is a Gershwin concert in evening on the day we will be there. Do they hold concerts in this synagogue or would it be in the others? Web site is not clear, and one page is non translatable.:roll eyes: (my luck)

We've been told this synagogue is a must to see, very beautiful. But a concert here in evening would be the blast!

Also, any thoughts on the Jewish museum. We were thinking of bypassing this and doing on the Spanish Synagogue and the cemetery. Or should we take the time and also see the Museum? (not too important to see all, but would like a taste of some aspects)

The Spanish Synagogue, New Old Synagogue and the cemetery are not to be missed. Our pre-trip included the Jewish Ghetto on a half-day walking tour and though I am not Jewish, I couldn't help crying when I was in the Synagogue and saw all the names and dates covering every wall and then in the museum the pictures that the children drew while in the camps. It was one of the most profound experiences I have ever had.

Because of declining attendances almost every religious institution in Prague has re-invented itself as a concert venue for tourists. There are concerts of "popular classics" in these institutions and many other venues.

We were disappointed in the "Gershwin Concert". For "Gershwin" read "Composers of 20th Century Musicals". The saxophonist was good, the strings were ordinary, most with eyes on their watches and dashing off to their next engagement or home to the family.

The Spanish Synagogue itself is magnificent.

We enjoyed a lunch time concert at Prague castle very much, though the advertised ensemble was in fact a duo of piano and violin.

Thanks for input. I did notice a Prague Castle concert. Separate tickets needed.

Will revisit the Castle Concert descrip. (It appears to be a huge complex with varying tickets for tours). Must translate into a ton of walking:eek:

Thanks for input. I did notice a Prague Castle concert. Separate tickets needed.

Will revisit the Castle Concert descrip. (It appears to be a huge complex with varying tickets for tours). Must translate into a ton of walking:eek:

We didn't have concerts at the Castle or Jewish Quarter. As for walking at the Castle the complex is HUGE, but things seemed fairly close together and there were plenty of places to sit down and rest. As for the Jewish Quarter, things were further apart, but very easy walking on wide, flat sidewalks. Only place I had to be careful was in the cemetery but it was so interesting I didn't care. You're better off checking out the opera house....they have concerts, operas, ballets, etc. Unfortunately when we were there it was a modern dance troop, which is not my thing, so we passed.