Review - Carnival Sunshine - Western Caribbean - 28FEB-7MAR

mtsnd1900

Update: Met with some of the families tonight that came on our sailing with us, had a post cruise get together to plan our next one (NCL Escape!). My father in law told me that when they arrived at their room day 1, there was a huge fan in his room drying the carpet outside his bathroom. 8 hours later, it was still going, trying to dry the carpet. He said it was soaked. later in the evening, still damp, he took the fan and put it in the hallway. He was 2 rooms down from me (I was in 9193)- Starboard side, lido deck, just inside from the pool near the stairwell and elevators in room 9197.

Also, right next door to him in 9199, was my aunt. She informed me that her shower backed up all wee. What would happen was water would start to come UP from the other drain in the bathroom, and flood out her bathroom door. To alleviate this, they would have to turn on shower, get wet, turn it off, lather, turn on, since, etc. She told the room stewerd, but nothing was ever done about it.

So, don't get 9199, and if you get 9197, be aware that at least one time, something leaked all over the room.

We ended the night at the Red Frog Pub, listening to some live acoustic. I forget if it was Brian or the female, but have in my notes that it was good - and they were both good! Still, our favorite by far was Run for Cover, the band that played nightly. Sadly for those sailing later in the year, the lead singer and the guitar player will not be there (maybe the whole band); the 6 month contract on board is up, and the two of them are getting married.

Stumbled across your review today as I'm trying to plan a cruise for our family of 15+ to cruise together in January. I see you met our dear friends Sarah & Drew while on the Sunshine. Drew played in our Eagles Tribute Show here in in Branson for several years before leaving us for their 6 month cruise contract.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your review .. just had to take a minute to respond

Stumbled across your review today as I'm trying to plan a cruise for our family of 15+ to cruise together in January. I see you met our dear friends Sarah & Drew while on the Sunshine. Drew played in our Eagles Tribute Show here in in Branson for several years before leaving us for their 6 month cruise contract.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your review .. just had to take a minute to respond

Sarah and Drew are getting married, I think in May. They were soooooo cute when we sailed in February. Loved sitting in on all there sets. They were AWSOME, love to sit and listen to a live band.. [emoji441][emoji443][emoji446][emoji450]