Sunniebgi/another question on Accra Beach

lyndaedris

Hi Sunnie

Do you know about how far Accra Beach is from the ship port and can you give me an estimate on the taxi cost.

Is your friend Pat's De Rock Bar far from Sugar Reef Restaurant or is it just a walk down the beach which is fine. We just walk thru the Sugar Reef Rest. to get to the beach, correct?

Thanks for your help.

Lynda

Hi there taxi fare should be about BDS$25.00 US13.00 one way there is a taxi stand at accra so you should have no problem finding a taxi back. Just be certain to ask for a quote before getting in the cab.

Fares in Barbados are going up this month so it might be a bit more. Have a great trip

Thanks Sarah Taylor for the taxi fares. and yes I do know they are going to go up.. please understand it's as a result of the oil prices in the world as a hole..

Lynda,

As far as timing from the port, on a good day it's probably only about a 15-20min taxi ride through Bridgetown Accra. A good day, means not much traffic or confusion. A bad day would be a traffic jam in Bridgetown, or along the south coast road, but then it still should be that bad. Tell the Taxi driver you want to go to Accra Beach (not the hotel, but the beach). The taxi stand at the beach is located on the road side of the Food Kiosks on the beach. De Rock is in that Food kiosk area. The taxi might drop you right by that area, then you can walk straight out to the beach.

Sugar Reef is on the other end of the beach which is just a few steps down the road/beach.

The beach itself is not that long but it's long enough not to be totally crowded (except on a good ole bajan bank holiday). at low tide you can walk to your right and go around a crop of rocks and keep on walking. At hightide you have to stop at the crop of rocks.

Enjoy..

Thanks so much Sunnie. We will enjoy I am sure. We usually do excursions but on this cruise decided we have never done beaches! Have toured all the islands but never stopped at a beach! So that is what we are doing except in Antigua and then we are going on Antiguaseafaris excursion.

This is a spur of the moment cruise so I am hussling to find out all good beaches. Still having trouble finding my way to Cinnamon Bay Beach on St. John but I will figure it out somehow.

Thanks again.

Archived