Where to stay in Copenhagen?

• 1 month later...

I am looking for suggestions for our party of 7 (family of 5 + grandparents) for lodging for our July 2016 cruise on the Star out of Copenhagen. We probably won't have lots of time to explore the city, but perhaps a few hours. Are we better to stay by the airport or by the port to explore by foot? We are looking for only lodging with air conditioning. Affordability and comfort are high priorities for us! Thanks!

Your best bet is to stay in the city--not the airport nor the port area. (And if your ship departs from Oceankaj, there are no accomodations out there anyway.)

We stayed at the Wakeup Hotel Borgergade. The rooms are small, like a ship's cabin, but they are clean, comfortable and affordable. They are also air conditioned. The hotel is within walking distance of Nyhavn, Stroget, Rosenborg Palace and much more.

I have tentatively booked Hotel Absalon for a stay next spring. It seems to be highly recommended, a boutique hotel that offers breakfast as well. I wonder if we can walk to this Hotel from the Central Station, and does anyone have any feedback on this choice? Is it close to attractions?

I have tentatively booked Hotel Absalon for a stay next spring. It seems to be highly recommended, a boutique hotel that offers breakfast as well. I wonder if we can walk to this Hotel from the Central Station, and does anyone have any feedback on this choice? Is it close to attractions?

If you enter "Hotel Absalon" into GoogleMaps, you can see exactly where this hotel is located--about two blocks from the main station.

Here's a link to the reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189541-d634916-Reviews-Absalon_Hotel-Copenhagen_Zealand.html

Danish Viking we stayed at the Scandic Front last year and I remember you said there was going to be some major works going on around there.

Do you know if its finished now. If so We'll book back in there for next years cruise, love Copenhagen and this hotel thanks.

I will look up on it, I will be in Copenhagen on Friday as or national soccer team plays at home against Albania.

We will go for a pre game beer or two or ten :D so I will see if I'm able to swing by and take a look.

Thanks, good luck for the football and getting home after the dozen beers.:cool:

So I took a look at the website.

Current schedule is that the underground parking garage will open around the new year.

The public space opon the carpark called Kvæsthusmolen will open sometimes next summer together with the storm surge proofing of the Sank Annæ Plads square.

The project at Sank Annæ Plads is probably the most important for you to look out for as the square is located just infront of the hotel.

The square opens next summer but according to the project website the work infront of the hotel ends in february.

Etape 8 means stage 8.

http://www.sanktannaeprojektet.dk/nabo/byggepladsinfo

• 2 months later...

My family and I are coming to Copenhagen two days early for a cruise in late June. My husband has been looking around at hotels and on paper (or on web site, actually!) Ibsens Hotel looks like a good location and a decent price. Does anyone have any experience with Ibsens Hotel?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of years ago we spent a night pre-cruise and another one post-cruise at the Admiral Hotel in Copenhagen. We found the location convenient, breakfast was delicious, and the place had lots of character. It was built long ago as a granary and has been beautifully transformed as a hotel. It was clean, comfortable and quiet--we were delighted and would happily stay there again.