money back?

queenski516

I know that you should periodically keep mock booking your cruise to see if there is a decrease in price. And that it must be same category and such. If I mock book for the oceanview and I select "let Carnival pick my room", it is $120 cheaper. But if I pick the "I will pick my room", no price difference. When we orginally booked, we DID pick our own room. Silly question, am I able to fill out the price change form or not seeing as the price is only lowered if we let Carnival chose and that is not the option we originally picked? T.I.A!

If you want the savings, you'll have to be willing to give up your cabin and let Carnival pick it. Just call the 800 number and speak with a rep. They will change you over.

We did that for our Feb cruise and saved over $1600 going to a guaranteed room.

I know that you should periodically keep mock booking your cruise to see if there is a decrease in price. And that it must be same category and such. If I mock book for the oceanview and I select "let Carnival pick my room", it is $120 cheaper. But if I pick the "I will pick my room", no price difference. When we orginally booked, we DID pick our own room. Silly question, am I able to fill out the price change form or not seeing as the price is only lowered if we let Carnival chose and that is not the option we originally picked? T.I.A!

I have always preferred to choose our cabin, rather than let the cruise line do so. I look at the deck plans, and read the comments that others have posted about their room location. Once I've made what I hope is a good choice, any price drop that comes up would have to be pretty substantial to tempt me to give up that choice. While paying more for a room isn't necessarily a guarantee for a perfect room, paying less and letting the cruise line choose the room is a risk I'm not willing to take. If you're working with a PVP, you should give him/her a call before you decide.