Sanctuary In Alaska?

lazycruzer

I have sailed on Princess to Alaska several times. But not with the option of the sanctuary. We are sailing July 8, 2015 on Coral, in 2 mini-suites. I know the weather can change quickly. I am not a sunbather, but prefer the quieter places on board. If I book the sanctuary, would request a shaded area. Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

TIA

The Sanctuary in Alaska could be quite cool, even in July, while the ship is sailing. That said, the Sanctuary on the Coral is great because it's aft, from wind and rain, and there's a large overhang covering on Lido deck. It's really the only Sanctuary with true shade and not just a canvas cover.

The Coral Sanctuary also has its own pool. No one else other than those booked in the Sanctuary can use this pool.

The attendants will have blankets and move your lounger(s). Best location for a lounger is IMHO against the gym wall. You are fully protected there.

d4dfe15e8698f8a306595d4fd1a85bbf.jpg

I agree, the area near the lotus pool is wonderful. On our Panama Canal cruise Ii spent many hours there avoiding the heat. There are nice loungers, a bar nearby (in the enclosed area) and relative quiet. And big windows....

Edited by AKman2495

Lazycruzer, will you be getting off the ship on port days? If so, maybe you can book the sanctuary for sea days only. We used the sanctuary on the Coral during our Panama Canal cruise and it was wonderful. The stewards will bring you the lunch you order from the spa menu and will serve you tea and sandwiches at tea time. I just hope that it is warm enough and weather cooperates for you. You will never have to move:>)

We did The Sanctuary on the Island in Alaska. If the weather is ok, it's great. If not (inclement weather) the cabanas offer shelter and the stewards bring you whatever you want. I do recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if The Sanctuary would be a good idea for the scenic cruising days in Alaska? Based on the few Sanctuary photos I've seen, it looks like the views of glaciers and wildlife might be better elsewhere on board.

Can anyone comment?