Help with shore excursions for Tahiti

kaylea

Can someone recommend shore excursions for a November 10th sailing on the Tahitian Princess. My husband and I will be sailing on the Tahitian Princess and would love some recommendations. Also, would love to know what type of weather we can except in November.

Thanks,

Dee

Kaylea -

Nice to see another cruiser for this sailing. My husband and I will be on this cruise celebrating our 10th anniversary and my 30th birthday. Myself and two other couples have met on these message boards and have started making plans for a "meet & greet" at the Pool Bar during sail away on Nov 11th. Would you be interested in joining us? If you would like to read our messages go the "Roll Calls" for Princess Cruises and then do a search of the forum for "Tahitian" and look for dates for Nov 10th. There are postings from myself, "K&R", and "chrismch". You may have to search a couple pages in. May I recommend that you look for excursion suggestions under the "Ports of Call" message board for the "South Pacific Islands". My husband and I are booked for Marc's Motu Picnic in Huahine, that comes highly recommended from the message boards, as well as Bruno's drift snorkel in Raiatea. There is lots of good advice in that forum and you might find more information there from more experienced cruisers than myself. This is my third cruise, my husband's first, and our first visit to the South Pacific. We are so excited and it is only two months away, yeah!! You may also consider getting a good book on the region such as Tahiti by Jan Price, or Frommer's Guide to the South Pacific. November is the beginning of their summer/hot and rainy season. Apparently, the storms are frequent but don't last long and the water is always warm so no concerns there. I did a search of weather on Princesses website and you can look at trends during certain travel months. It appears that last year November had the same # of rainy days as in June - a typically drier time to travel, so go figure! The advice given on the boards is to go with the intent to enjoy yourself no matter the weather and that rain doesn't produce great sunsets, but fantastic double rainbows! Good Luck and look forward to hearing from you.

Tsb2:)

Archived