NCL Dream leaving 6/6 change in itinerary

We were just notified by our TA that NCL Dream leaving June 6 is experiencing engine problems (how do they know that already??), so they've cancelled our Tallinn stop and giving us a few more hours in Copenhagen. Also changed the sequence of days, so that we have to change our dates with Red October.

We're very disappointed. They're only offering a $100 shipboard credit per stateroom towards one of their excursions. Anyone else have this happen to them and what was your compensation?

We had heard that the Dream lost something (engine, propeller, etc--I am not an engineer) on their Transatlantic cruise in the spring. If so, they probably can't repair until they go into dry dock--which is why they may already know there is a problem.

We have contacted our TA--who is also my wonderful mother-in-law--and she will research first thing tomorrow morning and get back to us. I'll let you know what she finds out.

My husband and I are booked with 6 other people for Red October in St. Petersburg. If Laura is worth her salt (and all the boards say she is) she is probably already aware of the problem and date change.

However, I would like to know ahead of time. And do an official email notification.

Looking forward to the cruise...and would love to meet all of you!

Just visited the NCl website. If you click through all the options to the 12-Day Scandinavian Capitols tour, you will find an adjusted itinerary and a 'map-under-construction'.

Looks like Tallinn Estonia is off and we get two stops at Stockholm plus a couple of extra hours in Copenhagen.

We are checking with our TA on ship-board credits.

Will keep you informed!

Check the website, it is now changed again, no longer listing 2 stops in Stockholm. Rather on extra sea day.

I have a call out to my travel agent, have alsp called NCL, both of whom promised to get back to me today with more information.

Please post to the website any info your travel agent gets.

thanks

Cathy

Norwegian Sky,May, 2002

Carnival Spirit,March, 2003

6/6 Norwegain Dream

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;6;6;16;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Here is the latest from our TA. The Dream itinerary for the 6/6 cruise has changed...and matches the schedule now posted on the NCL website. NCL sent our TA a new receipt that lists the new itinerary.

The days for St. Petersburg have changed from the 11th and 12th to the 12th & 13th. I have emailed Laura at Red October to see if they are aware of the change and if that affects our excursion with them.

There is also an interesting line on the NCL 'main' board discussing all of this and suggesting hydrofoil from Helsinki to Tallinn. We are investigating.

There will be a $100 shipboard credit for each room--our past experience is that the credit goes against your shipboard account. The last time we had a credit, we did not use any of the ship's shore excursions--so the credit went against our total bill. It's not a lot but it is nice.

And I'm glad we know ahead of time--would have been a little shocked to find this out when we boarded the ship. Evidently as others have done.

10 days to go!!!

I just got a reply from Red October, and yes they are aware of the change and tours will be going as booked.

Cathy

Norwegian Sky,May, 2002

Carnival Spirit,March, 2003

6/6 Norwegain Dream

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;6;6;16;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would demand more than a $100. Tallin was absolutely wonderful, by far the cheapest of all the ports, and on our cruise probably the favorite of most. The whole Olde Town is walking only and a site only seeing in person can describe. It is in an old fort with stone walls, cobble stone streets, beautiful cathedral in the Russian style, clean, friendly people, great shopping and siteseeing and a great flower market. I know we sure loved it and now knowing how beautiful a place it is would never accept a $100 to miss it.

Jewel of the Sea May 2004

Serenade of the Sea August 2003

Splendour of the Sea August 1999

Legend of the Sea August 1997

Rotterdam May 1989

Archived