Boston hotel

Boston hotels are very expensive. Please provide the following details:

1). Exact dates

2). Budget

3). Number of people - any special bed configuration?

4). Sightseeing requirements

5). Flying or driving?

6) can you manage your luggage to take accessible public transit?

Almost no Boston hotels provide an airport shuttle let alone a Cruiseport shuttle. Those that do are located in fringe areas like Quincy and Dorchester. "Airport" hotels (located in East Boston, Revere, Chelsea, and Saugus) offer airport shuttles.

Thanks for the responses. We are just staying one night on 4/23 prior to a cruise. Not planning on any sight seeing since we have been to Boston before. We think we might try embassy suites at the airport since we are familiar with the chain. We may have waited too late since I understand that is the weekend of the marathon.

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn Seaport on Congress Ave. last fall. They had a great breakfast, but no shuttle. It isn't that far to Black Falcon, so we just took a taxi. I would definitely stay there again!

We too stayed at this hotel before our cruise last October and absolutely loved it! It is an old warehouse that they converted. Very short cab ride to the pier. I highly recommend it!

Can anyone recommend a hotel pre-cruise in Boston. Would like one with free shuttle to the ship and maybe a complimentary breakfast. Thanks. :)

We stayed at the Embassy Suites. They provided shuttle service and the free breakfast. If you stay there, you can sign up for the shuttle service when you check in.

Thanks for the responses. We are just staying one night on 4/23 prior to a cruise. Not planning on any sight seeing since we have been to Boston before. We think we might try embassy suites at the airport since we are familiar with the chain. We may have waited too late since I understand that is the weekend of the marathon.

Fir April 23 Hotwire has a 4* waterfront area hotel for $220 plus tax. This is highly likely to be the Westin Waterfront, but could also be the Seaport or the Renaissance. Great deal - accessible by the free Silver Line from Logan if you can roll your luggage a block. Lots of places to eat along the waterfront. Marathon will be over. Any of these hotels are great and are the closest hotels to the pier.