Carnival Pride 22 Feb - 1 Mar 2015

GE Mom

We cruised on Pride a few weeks ago, and we had a nice time. The ship was, well, shipshape, pretty much. Beds were very comfortable, balcony was spacious. We're glad they've gotten rid of the balcony smokers. The shower was nice, enough room and good hot water pressure. The food was good, the service great. We enjoyed the shows, and were again impressed with how hard these performers worked. We noticed that there was no live music, but we can live without it.

We were on this ship once before, and really like it. Was everything perfect? No. Is everything perfect at my home? No. But this was a really enjoyable getaway from winter at a very reasonable price.

Two things we absolutely HATE: outside safety drill and waiters singing/dancing in the dining room. I almost fainted standing outside in the heat for 45 minutes while they yammered on and on about Carnival's commitment to the environment and their garbage disposal practices. I wish they'd do the drills inside like Princess does.

And the intrusive nature of the singing/dancing was very unpleasant. We wanted to have a nice conversation, and instead we're watching this awkward display. On this sailing, we suffered through this all SEVEN nights, coupled with the Maitre D' treating us to his singing! I never saw this on any other Carnival ship, and we just hated it.

So I wish Carnival would address these two items. Otherwise, it was a nice cruise and we're glad we went.

Lots of new people seem to like the waiters singing but after a day or two we had enough and would rather they spend their time doing their job serving us while we have a nice conversation with our tablemates.

Safety briefing should be about safety issues without the editorializing.

Glad you had a great time and it is our turn next week.

Just got off the Pride on Sunday. I remember the waiters singing and dancing in the past on 2 nights, this cruise I think they did 3 times.

I agree with the safety drill. I was hot outside in Tampa, would have been nice if it were indoors.

The MDR singing and dancing appeals to many more than it offends. Also, the Martre d's singing. (Ken has a fantastic voice.) I would deem this as an added benefit/entertainment value. Personally I could take it or leave it after seeing it many times.

The fun of it, however, is seeing the delight that others have. Many join in with the dancing and laughs abounded when Ken sat on a man's lap and sang to him. I could see how many first time and even seasoned cruisers relish this entertainment.

I'm content to sit and enjoy the enjoyment of the others. And I'll relinquish the few minutes it takes to allow others to experience their own great time. It's not that tedious an imposition. We can go back to our own talking soon enough and probably not miss anything so important that's not been said or can't wait.

Even the Happy Birthday's/Anniversary's get redundant, but that's what you get when you are with a large amount of people, on vacation!

1 vote MDR entertainment.

Edited by ooomwizard