Junk Mail---Not OT!

Ships R Great

I am sorry to say that since I posted my second email address on this board (so someone could email me for some TA info) I have begun to get a lot of junk mail there. I just delete but I realize now that I made a mistake to post it. This is just a friendly reminder to those who care that it may not be a good idea.

Now, don't flame me because I made a stupid mistake. I have learned my lesson, I hope.

I am sorry to say that since I posted my second email address on this board (so someone could email me for some TA info) I have begun to get a lot of junk mail there. I just delete but I realize now that I made a mistake to post it. This is just a friendly reminder to those who care that it may not be a good idea.

Now, don't flame me because I made a stupid mistake. I have learned my lesson, I hope.

You name it, there's something trolling it for addresses. CC is certainly not exempt. Note how I've done it in my signature line. That does seem to avoid the trolling software. Might be worth a try next time.

I have had my (secondary) email address in my signature for a very long time ... many months. However, as you can see, it doesn't show the actual address ... you click on it for the address to show up in a "write mail".

I have not gotten any junk mail at all at that address. Of course I'm jinxing it now;) I'm sure, but so far no problems. Do you think it may be when you actually write it out in the body of the post? Although I have to say I've done that a couple of times as well with no problems. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw.

I have my address posted as a email link in my signature. I don't know if this helps or not, but I don't have a junk mail problem.
Actually, it shouldn't. While what you see on the screen is just the link, if you were to look at the data that creates it, your email is there. It's a bit hard to describe -- if you looked at the source data that creates the page, you'd see your email address right there in plain sight. The only reason you don't see it on the screen is a function of your browser. The email address harvesting programs typically don't see things through the filtered eyes of a browser -- they just see raw text, and therefore see your address.

I've editted a bit so no automated software will see yours plainly, but here's how a snippet of your message looks to an email harvesting program:

Grandeur Roll Call Here</a></font><br />

<br />

<div align="left"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><b><a href="<A href="mailto:xxxcruisingbellexxx@cox.net"><font">mailto:xxxcruisingbellexxx@cox.net"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="1"><font color="royalblue"><b>My E-Mail Address</b></font></font></font></a></b></font></div>

</div>

Archived