Taxi to Papitos

jlcd66

We will be arriving on the Oasis of the Seas. I have read widely varying reports of the cost to get to and from Papitos via taxi. Do not want to book our transport through them as it limits the time to 5 hours including travel time. Has anyone done this recently and what was the cost? TIA

Taxi's are zoned on Cozumel. Based on rates from Puerta Maya (practically next door to the International Pier where Oasis of the Seas docks), the cost of a taxi to the South Point (where Papitos is) is current 720 MXP (around $55 at current exchange rates) one way per taxi for 1-4 passengers. For 6-8 passengers it's 1140 MXP ($88).

Not sure how many in your party, but if just 2, you'll be out $110+ RT to get there and back. Figure that into the costs of DIY versus using their transportation option. Additionally, not sure if taxis hang around for passengers like at other beaches since Papitos is inside of the ecological preserve which requires an entrance fee (included in the Papitos charge, I hear).

Edited by crewsweeper

We booked a driver through cozumel insider dot com but we have a large group going and also wanted to stay longer. He was very helpful and found us a bus that would take all of us. I was also concerned about the limited amount of time actually spent there. Let us know what you decide. We will be going in June.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Papito's a few weeks ago. We did the 5 hour snorkel package. They asked us when we got there if we wanted to stay longer. All of us agreed that we'd like to stay an extra hour, so we did. They just charged us all an extra $10. Super easy and so worth it. They'll definitely work with you.

We took taxi from Puerta Maya (Carnival Pier) to Papitos. $40 each way. Taxi driver and I agreed when to pick us back up (2 hrs). He was only 10 minutes late. He asked for no money until we were returned to a restaurant downtown. Fare was $88 dollars at that point.

He did sidetrip us through some reseller of the Punta Sur pass, but it was same price as at the park.