Swimming with wild Dolphins?

thehams

I know this isn't Hawaii but my friend got to snorkel with wild dolphins when she went to Hawaii. She said it was the most amazing excursion she has ever done. I guess it was a location they knew these dolphins stayed and you couldn't touch them, but they would swim all around.

If not in Cozumel, do you know if Roatan or Belize offer this?

Roatan has it but I don't recall anyone from a cruise mention it

this is from the CocView resort web page:

During your stay in Roatan, ask our resort staff about the various dolphin tours and encounters available to you!

•Roatan Dolphin Encounter: Make a new friend as you touch, kiss, and play with a dolphin. A trained naturalist will introduce you to a resident dolphin, describing its characteristics, anatomy, and behaviours.

•Dolphin Snorkel: Experience a dolphin encounter like no other as you play with dolphins at the Roatan Institute for Marine Sciences. During this unstructured encounter with Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins, the naturally curious dolphins are free to interact with you as they choose.

•Dolphin Dive: Scuba dive in the open ocean with the friendliest dolphins in the Caribbean. 2-3 dolphins will visit you on the sandy bottom of the ocean floor, frolicking and playing with you on their own terms before returning home to RIMS.

•Trainer for a Day: Leave CoCo View Resort for the day to go behind the scenes - spending the entire day learning about dolphins, interacting with them, and working one-on-one with them to initiate trained behaviours.

the Institute is located at Anthony's Key Resort . . .

http://roatan-web.com/roatan-institute-marine-sciences.htm

http://roatan-web.com/roatan-dolphin-encounter.htm