Shore Excursions?

albert611

Hi, I will be leaving on my first cruise on the Carnival Elation on October 3rd. The hurricane situation took out three Carnival ships, so I am really sailing on the Ecstasy's route...Galveston, Cozumel, and Calica/Playa Carmen. I had read somewhere that shore excursions are much cheaper once you get there. There's one called Sunset Snorkeling in Cozumel (on Carnival's website) that looks like fun, but costs $39.99. Does anyone know whether this is true or not? Are the same excursions available if not prebooked through Carnival? Thanks for your help!

Albert

Hi, I will be leaving on my first cruise on the Carnival Elation on October 3rd. The hurricane situation took out three Carnival ships, so I am really sailing on the Ecstasy's route...Galveston, Cozumel, and Calica/Playa Carmen. I had read somewhere that shore excursions are much cheaper once you get there. There's one called Sunset Snorkeling in Cozumel (on Carnival's website) that looks like fun, but costs $39.99. Does anyone know whether this is true or not? Are the same excursions available if not prebooked through Carnival? Thanks for your help!

Albert

Hola Alberto,

Both places can be booked with independents online or , in the case of Cozumel, you can have great snorkeling by taking a taxi to Chankanaab or Dzul Ha. Check out the destination threads for more info. www.cozumelmycozumel.com and www.cozumelinsider.com have a lot of stuff too. There are some great cheap trips out there.

Archived