Breakaway on 11/8/15 - going with kids - thoughts/ideas?

beandippa

First time posting. I am taking my wife and kids on the breakaway for the first time as a family on 11/8/15. Kids will be 5 and 7 at time of cruise. It will also be my wife and I's 10 year anniversary. I splurged and got a Haven aft-facing on deck 12 (12304). Seen pictures and videos and looks AWESOME! A few questions to past cruisers on this ship:

* was it worth going haven for the extra 2k?

* how do I use the Butler/Concierge to full potential?

* thoughts on the kids going? Will they like spending time at the Splash Academy so the wife and I can do a few things?

* thoughts on going in November?

* any other tips?

Seen so many posts. This place is great. Thanks in advance!

We are sailing 10/18 on Breakaway. Just finished a trip on Getaway in a M6 Mini-Suite in Feb.

- We are doing a Fwd Haven Penthouse. Looking forward to the upgrade.

- My son (5.5) LOVED Splash Academy. When he was 3 on RCCL Allure of Seas he cried when we left on Getaway he cried when we picked him up. Enough said.

Weather is touch and go all year, the ship will absorb most of the rock and roll IMO. I have 13+ years in the Coast Guard so my opinion on sea state is subjective!

You'll have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're also on the 11/8 sailing with our daughter who will be 8 then. This will be our 5th cruise and her 3rd.

We booked an M6 mini-suite with large balcony, actually the exact room we were in last year. We loved the Breakaway. Personally, we wouldn't spend the extra money for the Haven. Our daughter loved the Splash Academy and going to the main pool deck and the water slides. We got Vibe passes for the few times we wanted a tranquil atmosphere.

I have a review of our last Breakaway cruise with the dailies and pictures below my signature if you'd like to check it out.

Also, check out our roll call if you want. It's still pretty early so there are not many people on it yet, but it's a good way to get acquainted with some others on our sailing.

NCLHAUS, I just finished reading your post. Awesome is all I can say. Thanks. My 7 year old will be turning 8 right after the cruise. Hoping she finds some friends there.

She'll have my daughter as a friend! They will both be in the Seals program at Splash Academy.

To be honest, we are WAY out of our price range on the haven. We are only doing it cause it is our 10th anniversary (while we are cruising). So the 2 bedroom is even more out of our range. I am good with the kids sleeping on the pull out couch. And, yes, that balcony is sick. Hoping to meet some people so we can share it. I like to party. Wife tells me to grow up, but I just can't!!

She'll have my daughter as a friend! They will both be in the Seals program at Splash Academy.

I hope so. Hoping the kids like the clubs so the wife and I can get a little bit of time together. Did anyone use the late night group babysitting? Guess it starts at 10:30? Wondering what they do? Throw a movie on and the kids fall asleep?

We were in 12904 when our boys were 8&5 (iirc) and it was fantastic. The couch is perfect for the kids and the full master bedroom has a door that closes, so you can have privacy even if the kids are sleeping. The balcony is to die for, ds2 still calls it "the balcony we could play tag on"!!! It's a great splurge and I don't think you'll regret it.

As for using the butler, one of the things that was absolutely great was asking for supper to be delivered to our cabin after a long day in port. It took away the hassle of getting cleaned up and feeding the kids, leaving us much more time to enjoy ourselves in port. The afternoon snacks were handy, and he kept milk and juice in our fridge after we asked only once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will be in 12304 in just 5 weeks. Our first time in a suite that size & butler service. Our DD will be in connecting room with DGD's one who turns 8 the day before we leave & and the other turns 3 during the trip. Hope to be able to share perspectives when we return.