sailing 4th April on divina. what time to board?

alexisemma31

Well, per MSC web site:

EMBARKATION

Embarkation begins at the time indicated on your cruise ticket. Check-in closes 90 minutes before the ship is due to depart.

I suggested 2 hours to be safe according to what shows on the web site.

Not ever sailed MSC, I do not know when the drill happens.....

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Already-Booked/Before-The-Cruise.aspx

Well, per MSC web site:

EMBARKATION

Embarkation begins at the time indicated on your cruise ticket. Check-in closes 90 minutes before the ship is due to depart.

I suggested 2 hours to be safe according to what shows on the web site.

Not ever sailed MSC, I do not know when the drill happens.....

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Already-Booked/Before-The-Cruise.aspx

I agree with you FireEater. According to the Dailies back when we sailed in August,,,the Muster Drill was at 5:00pm.

<a href=MSCDivinaDay1DailyPage11275h_zps11165699

Hello Mikesa 1721 😉 I have a cruise coming up on April 11 going to Bermuda from Miami,I have never gone on the MSC cruise line before when I heard it was going to Bermuda I definitely booked my trip!I normally travel with Holland America and last year two times NLC which I enjoyed emensly 😀 I have a very bad back and so I enjoy using the spa area with a Jacuzzi send some of the ships have the thermal spa or therapy pool with a high Jets but I don't think Divina has that! I've actually read so many bad post about this ship that now I'm pretty uncomfortable not knowing if I'm going to enjoy it?since I've gotten on these posts I have a little better feeling about it, is there a place that shows the different Desks, and whats on the decks. I've seen the names but not the description of what's on them.i'm 71 and I have to use my little electric wheelchair that I bring with me,so I can get around good. I'm actually called the Road Runner 😇 it helps me if I can map out for myself where all the things are and which deck so that I can get to them easy.is one of the pools mainly for adults so it won't be so busy and noisy? In the spa area are there nice lounging area's to rest and read and enjoy the quietness?I usually read maybe 2 to 3 books while I'm on the cruise but my favorite thing is to meet new people and share our likes and things that we do in life,I always come back home with wonderful stories of who I've met and what I've done.🙋 What is the earliest that I can get on the ship with my wheelchair I try to get as early as I can so I don't disrupt anybody else😊 thank you I had of time for reading this and helping me out,who knows I might have other questionsHave a wonderful day😍

Hello Mikesa 1721 😉 I have a cruise coming up on April 11 going to Bermuda from Miami,I have never gone on the MSC cruise line before when I heard it was going to Bermuda I definitely booked my trip!I normally travel with Holland America and last year two times NLC which I enjoyed emensly 😀 I have a very bad back and so I enjoy using the spa area with a Jacuzzi send some of the ships have the thermal spa or therapy pool with a high Jets but I don't think Divina has that! I've actually read so many bad post about this ship that now I'm pretty uncomfortable not knowing if I'm going to enjoy it?since I've gotten on these posts I have a little better feeling about it, is there a place that shows the different Desks, and whats on the decks. I've seen the names but not the description of what's on them.i'm 71 and I have to use my little electric wheelchair that I bring with me,so I can get around good. I'm actually called the Road Runner 😇 it helps me if I can map out for myself where all the things are and which deck so that I can get to them easy.is one of the pools mainly for adults so it won't be so busy and noisy? In the spa area are there nice lounging area's to rest and read and enjoy the quietness?I usually read maybe 2 to 3 books while I'm on the cruise but my favorite thing is to meet new people and share our likes and things that we do in life,I always come back home with wonderful stories of who I've met and what I've done.🙋 What is the earliest that I can get on the ship with my wheelchair I try to get as early as I can so I don't disrupt anybody else😊 thank you I had of time for reading this and helping me out,who knows I might have other questionsHave a wonderful day😍

I wouldn't worry yourself over the bad reviews,,,everyone's needs and expectations are different. There are those who complain about slow service in the dining rooms, or unhappy or rude crew members,,,the list goes on and on. We have never experienced any of these on either of our sailings. If you treat the crew with respect,,you will receive the same in return,,,sometimes a smile and a nice hello can go a long way.

Divina can be a little tricky to navigate so I would suggest utilizing deck 7 (Apollo) to get from the front of the ship to the back. There are no obstructions such as atriums,,restaurants,,,etc. in the way and this would make getting around for you much easier. You will receive a deck plan in your stateroom upon embarkation so I would take it with you when you venture out and spend a couple of hours on embarkation day getting to know the ship's layout.

I would suggest either the Solarium pool on deck 14 (Afrodite),,or the Garden Pool(Infinity pool) on deck 15 (Mercurio) aft. The main pool (Aqua Park) is mid-ship on deck 14 as well,,but this is usually one of the busiest pools during the day,,but if you want to still be around the main pool area but distance yourself from the crowd,,deck 15 mid-ship offers many loungers where you can still be close to the action,,but away from the crowd.

I would suggest getting to the port around 11:00am to avoid the heavy crowds in the afternoon. Depending on what time the port authority clears the ship will determine what time Divina will start boarding. Under normal circumstances,,expect boarding to begin around noon,,,or shortly there after.

My recommendation,,,sail with an open mind,,,,avoid the complainers,,,and enjoy yourself and your ship-mates,,,you will meet some fantastic and interesting people from all around the world and with any luck,,,you will make friendships and memories to last a lifetime!!!:)

Here is a link to a 3 dimensional virtual tour of Divina which will give you a great idea of her public areas,,restaurants,,etc.

http://mscpodcast.msccruises.com/Podcast/VirtualTourFantasia/us_en/index.html