Food on a Mekong River Cruise

puzzums

I will be doing a Mekong River cruise. Eating onboard will be fine as it will be a mix of American and Asian food. I'm just wondering about meals during a day long excursion, as the local diet seems to have a high focus on fish dishes. I am allergic to fish and intolerant to ginger and to spicy foods. I would like to try local cuisine but will there be anything for me that I can handle?

Thanks, all.

most of the time whole group stopped at rest.with choice of a few items.I too don t care for fish or spicy foods.So stuck with noodles.Also, bring along some snacks from home,to pack,if possible.I took cracker packs,etc.

Do be careful of street or some rest.food, 4 of our group came down with food poisoning(1 even hospitalized).Remember its 3rd world and must be cautious.I really enjoyed trip, don t mean to put you off.Just be careful in your choices.

I don't eat seafood and Grand Circle's PD were very accommodating when we went to restaurants. Our PD made arrangement for my meals to be either chicken or pork for the meat dish. At one restaurant I even had a little sign in front of my plate that said No Seafood :D.

Just let them know ahead of time. We completed a questionaire at the beginning of the tour that asked whether anyone had any food restrictions. I just said No Seafood on mine.