I didn't know I'd moved home, but RCI think I have!

I know it's Sunday, but I was trying to make some MTD reservations in the Cruise Planner for our upcoming sailing on Enchantment.

Yes, I know it's Sunday and RCI systems are notoriously fickle on a Sunday, but hey it's evening here in the UK and so I was hoping the overnight 'maintenance' of the RCI website would have been completed by now, seeing that even in the worst case scenario the servers are hosted on the west coast of the US which is -8 hours behind me.

Yes, I know MTD should mean I don't need to make reservations, but because I can (well I used to be able to) I like to. One less thing to organise when on board.

Well, due to the lightning speed of the RCI website I've managed to make 1 reservation for day 2 (day 1 failed), cook dinner, prepare lunches for tomorrow, feed the cat and then consume my Sunday evening cocktail.

Then RCI tell me there's a problem with the planner and that 'Royalcaribbean.com.au has gone on holiday' but don't let that stop my holiday planning but to 'call us on 1800 754 500 (Australia) or'

Or what? Do I have to wait until I catch a flight and fly 24+ hours to Oz? :D

Very strange to realise that RCI think I've emigrated because when I try and access any RCI other than the UK one, their system redirects me back to the UK site.

People wonder why I get so frustrated with RCI and their IT team (I was in IT for 30+ years) and I am now in the travel management business where my clients would not tolerate such shoddy service from me or the website.

With this experience of customer service, 40% + rise in alcoholic beverages, steep rise in Chops fee, 18% gratuity do you wonder why we're moving onto other lines?

I've been having a similar problem with drinks packages, but not just today. I've tried on and off for a week but have been unsuccessful. I can choose the drinks package, it tells me the price in Sterling, gives me the option to add it to each passenger then when I click "Add to Cart" it tells me it's unable to add to cart and that I should call 1-866-562-7625 which is (I think) the US office.

I'm still a long way out for my cruise thankfully so hopefully it will be fixed by then!