2nd Solo Cruise soon and feeling nervous again. Why?

IslandGrl411

I loved my first solo cruise last year and had a blast. Which is why I will be sailing my 2nd solo cruise in 18 days. But I am feeling nervous all over again. Has anyone felt the same way?

Are you nervous because you're excited or because you're afraid this trip won't live up to the first one?

You know what to expect now, take a deep breath and enjoy all the planning before you leave, you'll be ok. :D

There's always an element of the unknown with travel, and especially when traveling alone. I did have a great time on my first solo cruise, so before my second, I wondered if I just lucked out the first time. But the second one was just as fun as the first, and so on...

Every cruise has been great, albeit in different ways. I know that I'll make it a good time regardless, so definitely less nervous than I used to be.

Its quite natural to have apprehension- it is luck of the draw with any cruise.

My first one was on the wrong ship (NCL Jewel) but once I switched to the Epic and Breakaway I had a great time.

Luckily, the last 3 I knew were winners from the start.

What ship are you going on? Are there other solos going?

I feel the same way pre cruise but it always works out ok.I guess you worry that there won't be other singles etc. or there will be no one to talk to but cruising is the friendliest type of vacation I have been on and making new friends seems easier on a cruise than on most land based holidays.Enjoy,you will be fine:)

@howardk Why was Jewel the wrong ship?

Yes, and unfortunately for me usually well-founded like common cold and laryngitis literally 3 days before my 2nd trip. Very 1st solo trip, I had the common cold 2 weeks before which I beat and very day of embarkment, my time of month decides to drop twice ( beginning of the same month and embark day was like very last Sunday [emoji34] ). My upcoming trip, I expect pneumonia or a broke leg/arm/ribs - I have very good reasons to be apprehensive, I stay having bad stuff happen to me....[emoji22]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk