Norwegian never gave us their promotion

sdtheclub

Just got back from a 10 day cruise onboard the Norwegian Pearl. We booked the cruise using Norwegian's 800 number and was told we would receive a onboard credit as Norwegian has a promotion going on where you could pick between the ultimate drink package, the ultimate dinner package or a cruise credit. We decided on the cruise credit. Only problem is we never received it. We inquired several times at the reception desk but they where rude and kept telling us that we had to call our travel agent. They just could not comprehend that we booked our cruise through Norwegian and that we did not use a travel agent. Beware of what Norwegian promises and make sure you getting everything in writing. :confused:

Your promotion is listed on the amenities page you got in an email.

Promo codes are printed on your confirmation, as is any on-board credit.

While suspicious that this is your first post, and it's kind of an odd thing since these items are listed on your paperwork, I'll take you at face value. Therefore, you should call customer service with your reservation number and talk to them about it. Let us known how it goes.

Edited by Kingofwylietx

Please post your guest confirmation and your amenity invoice from NCL. That will show us exactly what NCL promised you.

I was just going to suggest that! OTOH, if they were promised that and it is not on the confirmation wouldn't it be their responsibility to have double checked their confirmation to make sure everything was okay?

Harriet

And yes we did not check to make sure that it was on our reservation, I took their word for it and I didn't expect Norwegian to lie to us. Also it's a promotion that they are offering everyone, it's nothing special, every website we went to offered the same thing and for the same price. That's why we just booked directly through Norwegian as we thought nothing could go wrong but we were wrong

Edited by sdtheclub

And yes we did not check to make sure that it was on our reservation, I took their word for it and I didn't expect Norwegian to lie to us.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they lied to you. But people are humans and humans do make mistakes. Rule of thumb is to always check confirmations/reservations/etc. to make sure everything is correct.

Harriet

The reservation number was 27940274. Still trying to find the other info.
Don't post too much of your personal info here. We only need a few details, like your ship and sail date, your booking date, your stateroom category, and most importantly, the promo codes that were applied to your booking. For the Freestyle Choice OBC, you should see something like CHOO or CHOOBC on your booking confirmation.

Under promo code it just says easyfare. The ship was the Pearl and sailed from Miami on March 6 and returned March 16. Yes I do realize humans make mistakes and the mistake should have been resolved very quickly and very easily as soon as I notified them but unfortunately that is not the case. Like I said it's a promotion that they are offering everyone and it's nothing special and I'm just bewildered that they are making such a big deal out of it. I have been cruising for over thirty years and have been on over twenty cruises but this is the first time I've ever booked directly through Norwegian and it will be the last. Booking date was Feb 9 2015. Stateroom category is IX/GTY

Edited by sdtheclub

Yes always check reservations. I had worked through a online TA. Didn't check reservation carefully till month before (booked 9 month out). Called and tried to fix, after many calls and escalations, I finally reached someone and only because I had an email in writing did get it added before I got to the ship. Would have been much better to have done earlier. So read your reservation confirmation immediately and call if any questions no matter where you book. Mistakes happen.

Just double checked op and you are referring to the promo that I was thinking of. Inside rooms did not qualify so you would not have been entitled to obc
It was the Freestyle Choice Plus promo, and Insides were eligible for the OBC:
Onboard credit offer: Available for all categories. Per stateroom in U.S. Dollars and will be applied to 1-2 guests on the reservation. $25 OBC for Studio and Insides, $50 OBC for Ocean views, $75 Balconies, $100 Mini Suites, $200 for Suites, and $300 OBC for Havens per stateroom.

But the OP's booking did not have the correct promo code applied, so there is no way they would have gotten the OBC once on board, and there is even less that they can do about it now. But it was only $25 after all.

We didn't realize that it would actually list what they were giving us. It has nothing on the statement that says Amenity Details anywhere. It has a promo code so I would figure that's it. Not that I know what the promo code stands for. And again it's a promotion that they are giving everyone, not just a select few. When I talked with them on the ship they didn't even know what Norwegian promos were. Heck they couldn't even give me any contact information on who I should contact once we got off the ship. They were pretty much useless.

We didn't realize that it would actually list what they were giving us. It has nothing on the statement that says Amenity Details anywhere. It has a promo code so I would figure that's it. Not that I know what the promo code stands for. And again it's a promotion that they are giving everyone, not just a select few. When I talked with them on the ship they didn't even know what Norwegian promos were. Heck they couldn't even give me any contact information on who I should contact once we got off the ship. They were pretty much useless.[/

Sorry double post

Edited by mommyto2kids

Yes the Freestyle Choice promotion did apply to inside cabins on the Feb 9 booking date. If we had wanted the food or beverage package then we would have had to upgrade to a balcony.

Edited by sdtheclub

It was the Freestyle Choice Plus promo, and Insides were eligible for the OBC:

But the OP's booking did not have the correct promo code applied, so there is no way they would have gotten the OBC once on board, and there is even less that they can do about it now. But it was only $25 after all.

Hm. Try making a mock booking for an Inside and see if you can get the website to NOT give you OBC. If you select something else (like UBP) it changes to $25 OBC once you actually select a room. And if you don't select any of the promo codes, it still gives you the OBC.

Edited by sundercruiser

We didn't realize that it would actually list what they were giving us. It has nothing on the statement that says Amenity Details anywhere. It has a promo code so I would figure that's it. Not that I know what the promo code stands for. And again it's a promotion that they are giving everyone, not just a select few. When I talked with them on the ship they didn't even know what Norwegian promos were. Heck they couldn't even give me any contact information on who I should contact once we got off the ship. They were pretty much useless.
My amenities don't show on the statement, it only shows under Amenity Details on the Vacation Summary that you can pull up when you go on line and go into your reservation.

You can always, for next time, call NCL and ask them to email you amenity confirmation and that will show all amenities, either from NCL or those that you have paid for like if you pre-pay your DSC or purchase a UDP, UBP, etc. And remember to bring all documentation with you, so that you will have the proof.

Just got back from a 10 day cruise onboard the Norwegian Pearl. We booked the cruise using Norwegian's 800 number and was told we would receive a onboard credit as Norwegian has a promotion going on where you could pick between the ultimate drink package, the ultimate dinner package or a cruise credit. We decided on the cruise credit. Only problem is we never received it. We inquired several times at the reception desk but they where rude and kept telling us that we had to call our travel agent. They just could not comprehend that we booked our cruise through Norwegian and that we did not use a travel agent. Beware of what Norwegian promises and make sure you getting everything in writing. :confused:

thanks for the warning OP. I am leaving tomorrow and just checked my EDOCS. I don't see our onboard credit anywhere on there. So I printed off the vacation summary which does have it listed and will bring that along. Again, thank you!!

Yes it was just a $25 promo but the dollar amount doesn't really matter it's the fact that they would not correct their mistake. I can't stand people or companies that make mistakes and then refuse to fix their mistakes. It just proves to me what Norwegian is all about. If they will screw a guest out of $25 then there is no doubt in my mind they would do it for a lot more given the chance.

Edited by sdtheclub

Yes it was just a $25 promo but the dollar amount doesn't really matter it's the fact that they would not correct their mistake. I can't stand people or companies that make mistakes and then refuse to fix their mistakes. It just proves to me what Norwegian is all about. If they will screw a guest out of $25 then there is no doubt in my mind they would do it for a lot more given the chance.

First, NCL has to determine if there was a mistake. The staff on board probably don't have the information or authority to investigate this and take any action while you are on the ship. All the more reason to make sure everything is in order before you leave on the cruise.

I'm sure someone here can give you info on where to send a letter of explaination along with a copy of your paperwork. If you were entitled to the credit and NCL made a mistake, I'm sure they will compensate you, but it is going to take a few weeks.