Thoughts on Itinerary - mobility issues

ladybugva

Car rental-if you are a Costco member, see what price they can get you. At least with them you don't pay extra for a second driver.

Depending on which airline you are planning on using, you may want to see if you can get a good deal on an air/car package versus buying separately?

Don't know if there is a Costco or Walmart(probably?) or Sam's club where you will be but you would save a lot of money on food items there. So a rental car would be helpful to do that.

Since there are 5 of you, perhaps you can figure out a way to use 1 or 2 suitcases between the 5 of you to buy nonperishable foods and pack them?Peanut butter,tuna,various granola bars,cereals,coffee,juice boxes,powdered drink mixes,etc? Or just have everyone tuck a few items in each suitcase.

Oh, I hadn't thought of Costco for a rental car. Duh! Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't know you didn't have to pay for an extra driver with them, good to know that.

We are going to fly one way and different airlines. That may give us options (or not).

I have been making a list of good foods to buy. Tuna wasn't on the list. Thanks for mentioning that. I have jerky on there for protein but my mom's teeth probably won't like that!:eek: We will have a couple of places with a kitchen so we will do some pasta and easy meals. I was trying to think of things that didn't need to be kept fresh and wouldn't crush. Hadn't thought of powdered drinks either. I was stuck on water and soda and don't want my kids having too much soda!

Thanks so much for the helpful tips!