Pralines close to the pier

GeorgiaPeach

I have been requested by friends at home to bring back some pralines after I cruise on the Serenade of the Seas next week. My husband and I will not have much time to explore New Orleans on this trip and need some suggestions on where to find pralines close to the pier since we won't stay overnight this time. I'm not sure we can make it to the French Quarter after checking in on the ship. I can probably pick some up at the airport on our return trip home but would like to go ahead and have the gifts taken care of in case we run late on our return day.

You can pick some up at The Fudgery which is located in The Riverwalk. Unfortunately pralines are a very temperamental candy and I would not purchase them in advance then have them sit around on a cruise ship for a week. Heat and humidity reek havoc on them.

If you are just trying to "check the box" and buy any pralines then by all means pick up a pre packed box at the airport, but if you really want to be a good friend and bring someone a real treat (read fresh) then stop at The Praline Connection on your way out of town.

Personally, I prefer the pralines (and other treats) at Southern Candy Makers. I know they have an online option and it might be worth it order them and have them shipped before you even leave home. Or you can ask at the shop about shipping direct from there I have never asked, so do not know if that service is offered at the shop.

Thanks so much for both responses! I was visited New Orleans a few months back and returned with pre packaged pralines that were small and individually wrapped. Most of my friends for either diet or health reasons are trying to limited their sugar intake and just want a small taste and asked me to bring more back. One of the friends is upset with her husband for taking a trip to New Orleans right after we did, he forgot to get the pralines, and I think some of this is a reminder to him that he forgot. Having fresh ones shipped might be too much salt in the wound if that makes sense but I didn't go into the whole reason for part of my question originally.

I might have to wait until we return and check out the airport shops. Nolatravelgirl, you are so right that I was hoping to check off the box! Thanks!