Land Rover 4x4 excursion review

CoxAndr

This is not overly advertised, so I wanted to stress how great this excursion is! We just got off the Miracle, and chose this excursion on a whim the night before. There isn't alot about it, and it's a new one, I believe. It's really 4 excursions in one.

Once off the boat, you board another smaller boat that takes you on a river tour for about an hour. On this, you will see lots of wildlife...crocs, monkeys, iguanas, birds, etc. The ride is very exciting as you never know what you might see (guides even said they saw some jaguars crossing the river the previous week).

After the river tour, you get to drive 4x4 land rovers through the rain forest. Since it was the rainy season, we got stuck in a lot of mud! It was so much fun, and make sure you wear old clothes and shoes because you get very dirty! This was the best part.

After that, you are guided on a hiking tour through some of Belizes biggest caves. This was so fun, but scary at times as I am a bit closterphobic. We saw bats (and lots of them), as well as a few spider monkeys in the trees above us.

Before boarding a bus back to Belize city, the tour operators feed you a small lunch of fresh tropical fruits and rum punch. Very refreshing. Then you board the bus for a city tour, where they drop you off for shopping and/or tendering back to the ship.

This was by far one of the best excursions I have been on. My review does not do it justice. Please feel free to email me with additional questions. CoxAndr@hotmail.com

Archived