Advice on booking Harmony (or other new ship)

njinco

I am taking my first cruise this Sunday--Majesty of the Seas; apparently the oldest RCI ship.

It seems only fitting that my next cruise be on the Harmony, and it happens to go exactly where I want to go with my mom & daughter over summer 2016, the Barcelona/Rome route.

Looks like booking is available online today. Questions:

1. Is it better to be one of the first to book, or should I wait around for a buy one/get one, or a kids sail free, or some other promo to come along?
  2. Should I call a travel agent to get the best deal, or just go through the RCI site like we did for the upcoming cruise? Does it matter?
  3. Should I let the salespeople on MOS next week sell me on this voyage? If I do, and the fare s go down, will I get a discount or refund?

Cruising is very new to me, so any advice on the purchase of an itinerary that is "hot off the press" would be appreciated!!!

Edited by njinco

There is unlikely to be an "special" pricing or deals on a brand new ship design....this ship will command the highest prices...for a time!

Travel agents can't "discount" the fare, but they may be able to give your some perks...you have to do the legwork to find out! Compare, compare, compare!

If you want to take this ship (and it sounds like you do!), then go for it! They will usually give you a bit of something, should prices fall...but don't count on that!