Questions I should ask about the Breeze

996turbos

Just a little food cost rundown for prospective Breeze cruisers (anyone can feel free to correct me if prices have changed):

SURCHARGE DINING

-Bonsai Sushi (a la carte pricing) - YUM.

-Specialty Coffee and Baked Goods (a la carte pricing, $1.50 - $5.00 each)

-RedFrog pub grub ($3.33 each)

-Cherry On Top Candy Store (a la carte pricing, loose candy based on weight)

-Chef's Table ($75 per person)

-Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse ($35 per person) - WORTH IT!

-Cucina del Capitano (free "create your own pasta" and/or lasagna at lunch - $15 per adult, $5 per kid under 12 for dinner)

SURCHARGE FREE DINING

-Blush and Sapphire Main Dining Rooms (Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse selections are $20 each)

-Seaday Brunch

-Room Service (be sure to tip for good service!) (can be ordered via TV, phone, or door hangers for breakfast)

-Lido Marketplace Buffet

-Deli Counter

-Mongolian Wok

-Omelet Station

-Self Serve Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt Machines (on Lido)

-Guy's Burger Joint (and toppings bar)

-Blue Iguana Cantina (wrapped-to-order burritos, including breakfast burritos)

-Pizza Pirate (thin crust style, 24 hours)

-Tandoor (Indian)

-Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ

-The Taste Bar (tapas, typically samplings of food from surcharge restaurants - on Promenade deck, near the Ocean Plaza)

As always, water, iced tea, lemonade, lido coffee, and hot chocolate are free all day, every day. There is typically an assortment of free juices available during breakfast hours, as well.

I'm sure I forgot something in there, but please fill in the gaps if any exist! :)

Edited by michigancruiser0715

Just a little food cost rundown for prospective Breeze cruisers (anyone can feel free to correct me if prices have changed):

SURCHARGE DINING

-Bonsai Sushi (a la carte pricing) - YUM.

-Specialty Coffee and Baked Goods (a la carte pricing, $1.50 - $5.00 each)

-RedFrog pub grub ($3.33 each)

-Cherry On Top Candy Store (a la carte pricing, loose candy based on weight)

-Chef's Table ($75 per person)

-Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse ($35 per person) - WORTH IT!

-Cucina del Capitano (free "create your own pasta" and/or lasagna at lunch - $15 per adult, $5 per kid under 12 for dinner)

SURCHARGE FREE DINING

-Blush and Sapphire Main Dining Rooms (Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse selections are $20 each)

-Seaday Brunch

-Room Service (be sure to tip for good service!) (can be ordered via TV, phone, or door hangers for breakfast)

-Lido Marketplace Buffet

-Deli Counter

-Mongolian Wok

-Omelet Station

-Self Serve Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt Machines (on Lido)

-Guy's Burger Joint (and toppings bar)

-Blue Iguana Cantina (wrapped-to-order burritos, including breakfast burritos)

-Pizza Pirate (thin crust style, 24 hours)

-Tandoor (Indian)

-Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ

-The Taste Bar (tapas, typically samplings of food from surcharge restaurants - on Promenade deck, near the Ocean Plaza)

As always, water, iced tea, lemonade, lido coffee, and hot chocolate are free all day, every day. There is typically an assortment of free juices available during breakfast hours, as well.

I'm sure I forgot something in there, but please fill in the gaps if any exist! :)

This is great! Thank you!

So are certain eating places just open on seadays? Like Guys Burgers? Will it be open while in port?

The prices at the coffee bar are comparable to Starbucks, actually- slightly less. $3.50 "ish" for lattes and such. They offer hot and cold varieties. You can opt for a shot of various liquors as well for an additional charge. There is typically a drink of the day that has been discounted a bit. (always hot, to the best of my recollection) We have not been on the Breeze yet (38 more days!!) but every other ship we have been on generally bring pastries from Lido down for free. There are selections of cake, chocolate covered strawberries and other specialty items that are available for purchase. One thing that we learned on the Fascination in February was that they have recently added a coffee loyalty card where every 6th drink is FREE! I hope that is available on the Breeze as well.

Bonsai sushi was good, but not awesome. We eat sushi regularly and there wasn't much variety. The miso soup though is to die for! We liked Bonsai because of where it is situated, and lots of people we had met on the ship were able to stop by and chat at our table for a minute. That was nice. The only bad thing was there are stairs right there that may lead to the teen club. Kids were running up and down them the whole time and were pretty disruptive. I would definitely go again.

Guys is a must. I was afraid they'd be overrated but we loved them.

This is great! Thank you!

So are certain eating places just open on seadays? Like Guys Burgers? Will it be open while in port?

Some things are only on sea days, such as the dining room's brunch & the lanai BBQ. Some things I'm not sure about, like the pasta bar for lunch at Cucina del Capitano. That is free, just in case anyone didn't realize that. It was put on the the extra-charge category, because dinner does cost extra, but not lunch. I've never bothered to check if it was open on sea days.

Guys & Blue Iguana should keep their regular hours. I'm not sure what the hours will be for you, but the hours are limited. We had Guys from noon-6:00, and I did have one after returning from an excursion a couple times. They were good, not great. Blue Iguana, for me, was the much better station.

Edited by k2excursion

We have been on the Breeze three times; beautiful ship with so many seating areas to be quiet and just read and soak up the sun or the shade! They also have wonderful pools and hot tubs if you are a water/sun lover. Deck 5 Promenade has a wonderful outside seating area as well as indoors next to the Coffee Bar on Deck 5. We would sit and have coffee there in the mornings before our "gang" was all up for breakfast and again in the evening enjoying a glass of wine before dinner. On the Lido, past the Pizza area are also beautiful rattan chairs for relaxing with ottomans, as well as up on deck 11 right above it. And, for a fee of $35 the Steakhouse cannot be beat for great food and elegant presentation. The sushi at Bonsai on Deck 5 is wonderful for very low cost...........I think that was $3 also. Don't forget on Seadays, there is the Seaday Brunch in the Blush Main Dining Room. Not stuffy formal, but nice settings and a wonderful selection of breakfast and brunch items. Served until 1:30pm. We went twice and really enjoyed the ambiance and the presentations. Also, on the second sea day, the Steakhouse does a cooking demo in the Steakhouse at 11am. Very fun and be sure to go hungry and they give you generous samples.

Just a question on the coffee bar. While I'm sure there is a surcharge for the coffees and specialty drinks. Is there a charge for pastry too?

Yes there is a charge for the cookies, cakes, etc...but it is very reasonable.

The prices at the coffee bar are comparable to Starbucks, actually- slightly less. $3.50 "ish" for lattes and such. They offer hot and cold varieties. You can opt for a shot of various liquors as well for an additional charge. There is typically a drink of the day that has been discounted a bit. (always hot, to the best of my recollection) We have not been on the Breeze yet (38 more days!!)

We sail in 30 days . So as we get off you get on. We'll wave as we go by. :D