Rhapsody 29th march 2015 itinerary change?

This was posted on Royal Caribbean website today:

Due to the impact of Cyclone Pam in Vanuatu, Rhapsody of the Seas will call on Mare in the Loyalty Islands instead of Mystery Island, Vanuatu on her upcoming 9 night South Pacific cruise, departing Sydney this Friday, 20 March 2015.

We can also confirm that Rhapsody of the Seas will call on Isle of Pines in New Caledonia instead of Mystery Island during for her 8 night South Pacific cruise, departing Sydney on Sunday, 29 March 2015.

We will refund guests for any pre-booked shore excursions for Mystery Island as a result of this change.

We will similarly advise guests booked on the 31 March Radiance of the Seas' voyage if there are any cruise itinerary changes related to Vanuatu as soon as we are able.

Communication throughout the country remains difficult however we're committed to returning to Vanuatu. We want to ensure that when we do return, our ships will help rather than burden the people of Vanuatu.

Our thoughts are with the people of Vanuatu. Please click here to donate to the Australian Red Cross to Cyclone Pam (Vanuatu) 2015 Appeal.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/alertsContentPage.do?pagename=homepage_alert&rep=1

So Isle of Pines instead of Mystery Island :)

Thanks for that. I have been checking but hadn't seen it yet. We have been to Isle of Pines before and have been underwhelmed as we love to snorkel, and while sacred rock is OK, its a bit small for the thousand or so people who congregate there. Anyone know of any good shore tours??

There is a local tour bus that is usually on Isle of Pines waiting for cruise ship passengers who wish to see more of the island. I haven't personally done the tour, but I saw the bus while we were there and I know others who have and they enjoyed it. Our kids just wanted to swim and play on the beach, but I think we'll do the tour bus as well next time we go there.

Just came back a couple of weeks ago from a cruise that stopped there. There is a local tour that takes you to a natural aquarium. It's 20 per person and then when you get there you pay another 10 to get in. Then you walk down a track through a big lake along another track which takes about 15 mins but the snorkeling is absolutely amazing. Well worth the money and time. The lady picks you back up after a couple of hours. Enjoy 😊