Playa Mia

akolasz

Hello!

I am planning on visiting Playa Mia next month while on The Oasis. A few questions for anyone who has been. I'm trying to decide if I should book through Royal Caribbean or straight through Playa Mia. With the RC excursion it is a 5 hour trip. If I book straight through Playa Mia including transportation can we stay longer or will they make us also return on a shuttle 5 hours later?

Any other suggestions or tips?

We will have 6 adults, a 4 year old and an infant. We are hoping to utilize the beach, pool and children's water park. Do the petal boats, kayaks and snorkel gear cost extra?

Thank you!

If you go on your own, you can leave when ever you want.

Here's Playa Mia's website for your other questions. http://www.playamia.com/

Look at the packages and the add ons.

And remember the cost of the taxi for 6 passengers from either the International Pier or Puerta Maya is about $34 + tip each way. That's a vehicle cost, not per passenger. So figure $12 pp for transportation on your own.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Playa Mia in March through RC and had a great time. We spent most of the day at the pool area as they have a great area for kids there. We had our 2.5 year old with us and she loved it! I'd have to say though, we were there just over 4 hours and I can't imagine staying much longer as our little one was exhausted (and frankly, so were we) so we were happy to be heading back so she could get a much needed nap.

We booked through princess and they said if we wanted to return earlier that would cost extra. I know it's not RCI but I would assume they run pretty much the same. Since there was no princess representative on the bus. I don't think you will need to return before the 5 hours. Just my opinion. when we first got there I thought wow this is going to be a long day... we didn't even get to do everything. We loved it. I think that a few things might be a little more rustic so to speak then other resorts but we adored it. We did the open bar and buffet. The buffet was very good. The open bar will make whatever you want if they have the liquor. I went to two bars, the second one just poured a margarita out of a jug, didn't really taste like tequila. so I went back to the first one who I saw pour tequila in it as well and if I asked for a different flavor he would add that too. It seems very clean and we actually took advantage of the 30 minute massage poolside. it was $45 for 30 minutes. They also had activities run by staffers that were fun.