port to EWR

venicia

will disembark a soon as possible, need to know if cabs are as available in Bayonne as other ports. never sailed from this port and airline changed our flights and only need to know are there cabs available on a Sunday morning to get us to Newark Airport. all other ports we have been able to clear customs and quickly jump into cab and get to airport, I am getting so many conflicting answers to this question.
thanks for any responses

date is Sunday 04/12......we originally had a 12 pm direct flight, but airline changed it, we had choice of 10am or 3 pm, chose 10am. been checking and getting various answers, will check again when we get up there on 04/03....sailing Quantum on sun 04/05........did you enjoy your cruise on her?

We are really anxious and we have only ever cruised from that area twice before. Once we went to Bermuda and one time north for the fall colors. living where we do we are truly fortunate that we have 4 fairly close ports to choose from and they are all within driving distance.

When you think of it, isn't it funny we are flying north to cruise to ports that we always do quick getaways on?

I know there have been lots of negative comments about the ship, but that is that persons opinion and I'm glad they shared it. We look at some situations as, "how can we make this fun and enjoyable", well sometimes just sitting and observing the "frowny, mumbling complaining bunch" makes us smile and even laugh out loud. Isn't it great to be alive and enjoying the beautiful ocean!

You will have to self disembark to make that flight assuming the ship is on time.

I enjoyed the Quantum and did not experience any dining problems. There is currently a thread on the main RCL board about the things not to miss. I enjoyed the short Dreamworks shows and appearances and the short robo shows. Early in the morning on a sea day I waited 10 minutes to go on the North Star. I booked IFly. Line for the bumper cars moved quickly.

There is a ton of food on the ship. I only went to the Windjammer as a last resort. Two places to check out early in the cruise are the Cafe 270 and Devinely Decadence for breakfast and lunch. American Icon has the tutti salad at lunch. That was the one restaurant I kept hearing negative comments about for breakfast and dinner. On our cruise the restaurants offered different specials each night. Also seemed like dining early worked better. Being flexible will help a lot as well.

thanks Carol,

we have been disembarking ever since they allowed this...

thanks for the tips, I've been able to book I fly and since we are always early risers will be checking about North Star each morning.

absolutely will be going to 270, after looking at all the photo's posted about it, it may be our first stop once on board. we have our dining and shows scheduled. We did this for Oasis and Allure and maybe we were just lucky, but everything worked great on both of those cruises.

We have scheduled early dining each night for the restaurants and again, maybe just lucky, but did not have any problems scheduling them. Shows are scheduled and all that is left to do is pack..YUCK, that is what I dislike the most.

again, thanks for all your valuable information you have provided!
JB

138east......You gave me some information last fall on hotels, etc. My wife and I are on the April 24 Quantum OTS. We fly into EWR about 10:00am on Thursday April 23rd. We are staying at the Candlewood Suites in Jersey City, NJ ( 21 Second Street). Best to take cab from airport to hotel? estimated time/cost? To the ship on Friday , we have arrival time of 11:15-11:45am. Is taxi best again? Estimated time and taxi cost? I was the guy whose wife has to go to Buddy's Cake shop in Hoboken! We will go there on Thursday after checking into the hotel. Any suggestions on the best way? Taxi? Train?
Thank you for your reply!!

[quote name='swsf99a']138east......You gave me some information last fall on hotels, etc. My wife and I are on the April 24 Quantum OTS. We fly into EWR about 10:00am on Thursday April 23rd. We are staying at the Candlewood Suites in Jersey City, NJ ( 21 Second Street). Best to take cab from airport to hotel? estimated time/cost? To the ship on Friday , we have arrival time of 11:15-11:45am. Is taxi best again? Estimated time and taxi cost? I was the guy whose wife has to go to Buddy's Cake shop in Hoboken! We will go there on Thursday after checking into the hotel. Any suggestions on the best way? Taxi? Train?
Thank you for your reply!![/QUOTE]

Cab from the airport is easiest. The last I heard the base price to Jersey ?City was $46 plus tolls and tip. It should be no more than a half hour at that time of day.

To go to Buddy's you can walk to either the Newport or Exchange Place PATH station and take the train to Hoboken.

The light rail is right in front of Candlewood, so you have the opportunity to take it all the way to 34th St in Bayonne for $2.10. Then you call a cab for the short ride into the port - about $10.
Bayonne City Yellow Cab
201-339-5000

Archie’s Cab & Van Service
201-858-8800

Campbell Taxi
201-339-8300

Bayonne City Yellow Cab
201-339-5000

138east....thank you for your help. We will do as you recommended. We will have two suitcases and two carryon's so we will take the taxi from the Candlewood suites to the port. How long a ride will that be and estimated cost? You listed some taxi companies and phone numbers. Should we use these companies only and call for our ride or allow the hotel to call ahead and use who they get?