When U say I booked a 6K on Carnival

eponym

I don't seem to get choices of cabin ranks, like 6K anymore off of their site.

It just has general labels: inside, inside porthole, ocean view (obstructed), Oceanview, balcony (obstructed), balcony extended, balcony premium extended, aft wraps, suites and of course the SPA style rooms.

Are the alpha numeric designations gone forever, or am I missing something off the Carnival site for bookings?

Thanks.

a 6K will be under the oceanview category

once you click on oceanview the other categories will open up

BUT when we booked our 6K on the glory none was showing online-- we had to call and was able to grab it.

there are only two 6 K on some ships

Edited by serene56

The 6Ks almost never show up on Carnival's site as available for booking. The 6Js will but not the 6Ks. I always use another online TA site to check to see if they are available. You can also use fareviewer. If it shows up with a price after clicking on the oceanview category, then you know they are still open and you can grab one. Only two of these on the ships that have them, so book it fast if you see one available.

On the booking site they do not show the numeric cat number. You can find them on the deck plans. Like the other posters said, most limited cabins do not show up on the booking site.

Apparently. It has been awhile since I've been on a Carnival cruise. I thought their site used to give the category alpha numeric as you were browsing the cabin types inventory and offerings. It's a bit cumbersome to go to a different reference to determine cabin alphanumeric coding.

Apparently. It has been awhile since I've been on a Carnival cruise. I thought their site used to give the category alpha numeric as you were browsing the cabin types inventory and offerings. It's a bit cumbersome to go to a different reference to determine cabin alphanumeric coding.

Yea, it's a PIA. I think they did away with cabin cat on the booking site a few years back. Wish they would copy Princess, that is an easy booking site.

I called Carnival and asked them when they have the next available 6K available on the Sunshine. My dates were flexible, so I did not mind waiting. I absolutely love those 6K cabins. I only wish they had them on the Vista, but they do not.

I search on an online cruise booking web site that when you do a mock booking breaks down all the categories by number and the prices.

It helps and is easier to understand than that silly add and subtract business.

I am one of those people who wants to know all the options and all the prices.

It's called being a good shopper and an informed consumer in my world.

I called Carnival and asked them when they have the next available 6K available on the Sunshine. My dates were flexible, so I did not mind waiting. I absolutely love those 6K cabins. I only wish they had them on the Vista, but they do not.

I was really disappointed when I found out they don't have these cabins on the Vista. I was hoping for at least two floors with them on it.:(