Nassau port excursion question

cindymouse42

We have cruised many times, but this is our first Disney Cruise. We are curious about getting off the ship in port. Once we dock can we just get off when we want or does Disney let ship excursion guests off first? We would like to do a private excursion that starts at 10:30 - ship to dock at 9:30. Disney does not offer the excursion we want that includes a 2 year old. Also, are taxi's available easily? We are heading to the Blue Lagoon and need to know approx how long this would take. Thanks for any tips.

At ports where the ship docks, anyone can get in line and get off at any time they wish. There may be no line or it may be a few minutes. Tour groups DO cut the line with their guide.

Taxi's what?

If the ship docks at 9:30, you have a problem. If "all ashore" is 9:30, you are fine. From the time it pulls up at the dock, there is a time delay for tying up, etc. before you'll be allowed off. For example, at Port Canaveral, they list the "all ashore" time as 7:30 (estimated). In reality, the ship docks about 5 am on most cruises.

Also, are taxi's available easily? We are heading to the Blue Lagoon and need to know approx how long this would take. Thanks for any tips.

You are very confused about Blue Lagoon. My whole family did the Dolphin encounter there. You can't get there by cab, it is a private island that is about a 30 minute boat ride from the dock. Disney does have many tour options there. Play at their ocean floating water park area, dolphin encounter and swim and seal lion encounter.

This place is gorgeous and well worth the trip. The dolphin swim and push by two dolphins across the lagoon is incredible. The CD with pictures and video is well worth the money.

We also went to Blue Lagoon Island for our excursion and thank God because we jumped on the Dream about a minute before they closed the doors. Since it was a DCL excursion, I knew they would hold the ship for us, but still. You don't want to be THAT GUY. Anyway, we did the dolphin encounter and then came back, but there were lots of things to do there. I did see a few little kids there. I wonder why they said that the 2 year old couldn't go.

I'm so glad we went to the Blue Lagoon because the rest of Nassau looked... meh.

We also went to Blue Lagoon Island for our excursion and thank God because we jumped on the Dream about a minute before they closed the doors. Since it was a DCL excursion, I knew they would hold the ship for us, but still. You don't want to be THAT GUY. Anyway, we did the dolphin encounter and then came back, but there were lots of things to do there. I did see a few little kids there. I wonder why they said that the 2 year old couldn't go.

I'm so glad we went to the Blue Lagoon because the rest of Nassau looked... meh.

DCL claims that the reason for the age restrictions on some excursions is that their insurance carrier has rules. True? But that is their word. MANY excursion operators have rules that differ from DCL.

Obviously it is your responsibility to be back on time when you go on your own. If you go with DCL, it is your responsibility to be at any designated "meeting place" on time and they will get you back or hold the ship.