2 people in a cabin for 3?

Avril

My BF and I are booked in a Junior Suite on the Fantasy (cabin number V7). The suite is a secret, he think's we're in an ocean view. Can't wait to see his face!! :D I know the balconies aren't as big as on other ships but I still think it'll be nice to wake up and be able to enjoy the ocean and sunshine with our coffee in the morning. :) However, I just realized, it's a cabin meant for 3 people and there are only 2 of us. Do we have a chance of getting bumped to another cabin if a group of 3 comes along and wants to book it? I just looked at the deck plans and all the Junior Suites are meant for 3 people. My BF wouldn't care cause he doesn't know about it but I'd be disappointed. :(

Thanks!! :D

Don't worry at all. There is a slight chance you could get bumped, but that is what you should be hoping for. If they bump you, they will then have to upgrade you (for free) to one of the nice Grand Suites. Those would give you an even bigger room & a huge balcony. Good luck, hoping for the bump!:)

I was told there was ZERO chance of getting bumped from a suite. You can in a balcony room, but not in a suite.

I have been trying to call and get moved a deck down to a 3 person balcony cabin (same category) for my husband and I. Even though it's only 30 days out now, they still will not let me. However they have always asked me if I would upgrade to a suite.

I was told there was ZERO chance of getting bumped from a suite. You can in a balcony room, but not in a suite.

I have been trying to call and get moved a deck down to a 3 person balcony cabin (same category) for my husband and I. Even though it's only 30 days out now, they still will not let me. However they have always asked me if I would upgrade to a suite.

I can't believe they still won't let you move. I know it's within their rules, but I've never known them to be so strict with the occupancy restrictions this close to sailing. The oceanview cabins I wanted to move to, which are all triples and quads, opened up for our sailing last week and DH and I were able to move into one. We don't sail until the end of August!

Thanks everyone, I feel a lot better now!! :D Hopefully, we'll get to stay right where we are.

Don't worry at all. There is a slight chance you could get bumped, but that is what you should be hoping for. If they bump you, they will then have to upgrade you (for free) to one of the nice Grand Suites. Those would give you an even bigger room & a huge balcony. Good luck, hoping for the bump!:)

Oh!! :D I hadn't thought of that. For some reason, I was thinking we would be moved down, not up. Maybe being bumped isn't such a bad thing after all!! :D

We are also in a jr suite on the Fantasy and I picked it due to location. I think it looks like a great place to be! I like being high up and in a section with just 30+ rooms. I know it might not matter but I'll know more when I get back in a few weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are also in a jr suite on the Fantasy and I picked it due to location. I think it looks like a great place to be! I like being high up and in a section with just 30+ rooms. I know it might not matter but I'll know more when I get back in a few weeks!

When are you sailing? Yes, I like being high up as well and it's so nice to be able to go onto the balcony in the morning and enjoy the ocean (or whichever port you're in) and sunshine with a cup (or 2) of coffee. :D I'd love to hear more and would love to read a review on the ship and see interior ship pics. I can find very little about the Fantasy on here (no idea why, I see lots about every other ship) so it'd be great to get some info. Have a great cruise!! :D

I can't believe they still won't let you move. I know it's within their rules, but I've never known them to be so strict with the occupancy restrictions this close to sailing. The oceanview cabins I wanted to move to, which are all triples and quads, opened up for our sailing last week and DH and I were able to move into one. We don't sail until the end of August!

Thanks for your comment! It prompted me to try again. So I called, and they DID switch me no problem!!! I don't know if it's because I called like 2 weeks ago and now we are closer, but it they got rid of the occupancy restrictions online a few weeks ago and they still wouldn't let me then when I called. All well! She told me it was a VERY SLIM chance we would get bumped. Like slim to none.

Thanks for your comment! It prompted me to try again. So I called, and they DID switch me no problem!!! I don't know if it's because I called like 2 weeks ago and now we are closer, but it they got rid of the occupancy restrictions online a few weeks ago and they still wouldn't let me then when I called. All well! She told me it was a VERY SLIM chance we would get bumped. Like slim to none.

Congrats! Glad it worked out. Seriously doubt you will be moved. Especially since they've opened them up for two people.