Price Protection Question

Saltz

I noticed my sailing has another discount. Now with my previous two discounts I was able to call and receive immediate credits off my balance but this time I was told to complete the form. My question is when I look at the form, my only two options of the discount is OBC or Upgrade. I don't want either, I want a discount off my remaining balance. If I write that in the comment box, will I receive it that way? Anyone know?

When I called my PVP the other day he told me he could not do it either and to fill out the form. Like you, I wanted a drop in what I owed rather than OBC, so I checked OBC and in the comments section I wrote something like "it is my understanding that prior to final payment my fare drops rather than getting an OBC." Within a few hours I had an email saying that my fare had dropped.

I imagine that Carnival only gives the 2 option of OBC and upgrade because if people are applying after final payment, they would be confused and angry if they did not get the fare drop.

Good luck. Happy Sailing!

I called back and a second time was referred to the form. :/ So, I placed a comment in the box. I hope that works. I'm way before final payment date so I don't see why not. Thanks so much everyone!