Whats your opinion  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your opinion

• Lights off
    • Lights on
    • Does not matter
    • Who cares

:

I get up multiple times in the night to go to the bathroom and like to be able to see where I am going and not put on a bright light in the cabin and disturb my husband. For those leaving their curtains open, why don't they just close their curtains if the light bothers them:eek:??

Well, many people, including me, like to see the stars and the moon and then wake up to the sun rising.

One thing you may want to try regardless is to each bring a small flashlight to leave on the bedside table when you travel anywhere.

We have been on landbased jaunts where power was lost and so glad we had those flashlights! They make very small LED ones now.

I like the idea of the small battery operated candle as a little nightlight in the head. I also get up multiple times during the night...

That's probably a good thing for you because if you got an iphone or an iPad you would have so much access to info that you would be using the devices hours on end

It's like having every single bit of information known to man in the palm of your hand

Fwiw they are a great invention even with their faults

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do have an Ipad and my dh uses it all the time and loves it. I prefer my lap top.

So, how would someone get a hold of you in case of an emergency at home while you're on a cruise if you do not bring your phone or if it is not capable for international use?

There is a number you can obtain from the cruise line on how to be reached on the ship and I always leave that with our family for every cruise we have taken. You can obtain it online. It is quite expensive but thankfully we have never had to use it. I never leave home without making sure our family know how to reach us on the ship.

When we are in ports we use our Ipad to make calls to our family using Skype.

On one cruise I had a health issue and the ship provided the necessary phone line and sent e-mails to the nearest hospital etc. They knew who to contact and took care of everything. They did not charge me anything for their help.