Breakaway embarkation question

Cruise4Jesus

Boarding tomorrow morning on the Breakaway and have a simple question. Do you drop off your luggage first and then park, or do you have to park and then drag your luggage to the terminal. I am bringing case of water and soda so I am hoping I can drop the luggage off first. Thank you in advance for the information.

We have sailed out of NYC twice and had to park and drag our luggage both times. I am not aware of where you could drop the luggage first. We always put our soda in a carry on that we just roll along with us. Maybe someone else knows if you can drop the luggage first. We are going on the Breakaway in May so it would be nice if we could do that.

You can do it either way

But if you drop it off first you must tip the porters per bag. They will do whatever it is they do with it in order to get it to your cabin. They will even take the case of water

And yes.... You must tip them.... If you are smart. Lol

2/3 per bag

They are not Ncl employees

The are unionized dock workers

You tip them!!! Lol

Fwiw. I do not drop my stuff with them I drive up the ramp and park and wheel my 21 inch onboard.

My entire family operates that way

If by chance you park first and then want to check your luggage with the porter you can do that too but remember to tip them

Since you tip either way it makes more sense to just do curbside

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only problem with dropping off is you are then passed the parking lot. You have to exit the pier and go around back to the pier entrance. That's a few blocks, but on embarkation that can take 30 minutes or so to do it.

The only problem with dropping off is you are then passed the parking lot. You have to exit the pier and go around back to the pier entrance. That's a few blocks, but on embarkation that can take 30 minutes or so to do it.

I agree and personally I think it's easier to go straight to the parking lot with the luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums