FYI- USS Arizona Memorial Tickets

kgymn

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows that if you don't find tickets available in advance to reserve for the USS Arizona memorial, and don't want to book through a tour company (which is who bogards most of the advance tickets, FYI) make sure you check the day before you plan to go. They have recently begun to release 300 tickets online at 7AM for the following days tours. My husband and I decided we want to go tomorrow, and we were able to reserve tickets tonight at 10pm local time for an afternoon tour instead of having to be up early to make sure we can get tickets on site.

So yeah if you don't want to be up early make sure to check online the day before.

~Katy

Exactly the reason we booked ours through a tour company. Ideally, we really had only one day to do Pearl Harbor without messing up our tight schedule, and we needed to get it done early, as our cruise left that evening.

I don't remember what we paid, but I thought it was very reasonable considering what a round trip taxi would cost. With a tour, you are basically just paying a small fee for the guarantee that you have tickets for your choice of day and tour time, and the convenience of hotel pick up and transfer. It was the hassle and worry free way to go.

Many people stay in Oahu for more than a few hours before or after their cruise and may not want to be up early and also may have a rental car and not need to pay for transportation to the memorial. For them, looking for tickets online the day before may be the best way to go.

It also is pretty inexpensive to take The Bus as compared to booking with a tour company, if one doesn't have a rental car.

~Katy